Low Carb Diet/Vegetarian

Options
TeMpi
TeMpi Posts: 53 Member
I am beginning a low carb diet to achieve leanness. My goal is to maintain my weight and reduce as much fat as I possibly can. As far as I can see, the only source large sources of protein vegetarian can take in would be protein powder/supplements.

Anyways, I'm just fishing for thoughts/knowledge from the all knowing and well-rounded community of MFP for some insight on this new diet.

Even if you are not an expert in nutrition, feel free to leave your opinions.

Replies

• AshleighFTM
    AshleighFTM Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Lacto vegetarians eat dairy and eggs. Both excellent soures of protein.

Carbquik is a baking supplement, 6g protein, 14 fiber and 2 net carbs per serving. (like bisquik for low carb lifestyles) You can also use flax as a baking supplement.. to make pancakes, muffins, etc.

The obvious nuts, seeds, tofu and even spinach I am pretty sure offers a little bit of protein.

As far as a protein supplement. Isopure zero carb has 50g protein in each serving. 0 carbs. Best flavor: dutch chocolate.

If I think of anything else, I will post. Good luck!
  • TeMpi
    Options
    Lacto vegetarians eat dairy and eggs. Both excellent soures of protein.

Carbquik is a baking supplement, 6g protein, 14 fiber and 2 net carbs per serving. (like bisquik for low carb lifestyles) You can also use flax as a baking supplement.. to make pancakes, muffins, etc.

The obvious nuts, seeds, tofu and even spinach I am pretty sure offers a little bit of protein.

As far as a protein supplement. Isopure zero carb has 50g protein in each serving. 0 carbs. Best flavor: dutch chocolate.

If I think of anything else, I will post. Good luck!

Hey, thanks.. Yeah, I eat the occasional egg whites and get a little bit of protein here and there..

The only difficult thing is I aim for around 200g of protein per day. Eggs and dairy don't exactly cover that. =)
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Edamame beans are amazing. The are high in protein and fiber and low carb. For some reasons I have seen ones with different amounts of carbs and fiber but the ones I eat have 8 grams carbs and 7 fiber with 12g protein. You can just just heat them and eat as a finger food. I add them to soup and eggs and everything really. They are in the freezer section.
  • TeMpi
    Options
    Edamame beans are amazing. The are high in protein and fiber and low carb. For some reasons I have seen ones with different amounts of carbs and fiber but the ones I eat have 8 grams carbs and 7 fiber with 12g protein. You can just just heat them and eat as a finger food. I add them to soup and eggs and everything really. They are in the freezer section.

Very insightful. Thank you.