Breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    SuziGomez9 wrote: »
    I eat Oatmeal pancakes EVERYDAY with a side of peppered eggs whites and some avocado! I still have yet to get tired of it!

Explain the oatmeal pancakes. That sounds really good.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    My sister hooked me on Kodiak Cakes high protein pancake/waffle mix. Between that and eggs/potatoes or homemade French toast, I rotate between those 4 as the core of my breakfasts.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'm a cold cereal girl. 1 1/2 cup Cheerios (plain) with a banana cut up in it and 1 cup skim milk.

Special K makes a flatbread breakfast sandwich (bacon, egg & cheese) which I eat if I'm on the go.

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I make crust less quiches every couple days--

2 cups liquid egg whites
    1 cup 2% cottage cheese (4% is fine, too, but it bugs my stomach)
    .5 cup shredded/crumbled cheese of your choice
    .5 cup meat or mushrooms
    1.5 cup spinach or 1 cup chopped other vegetable

So many options.

It usually works out to be about 200 calories for a quarter of the quiche.

Here is my bacon, sharp cheddar, and spinach breakfast todayzhzh2m7azt11.jpg
    (topped with Frank's hot sauce of course)

Holy crap that looks good! I am obsessed with quiche!! (and eggs in general) I'm definitely going to make this week.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Kodiak cakes pancake with trader joes cookie butter on top and a banana. Yum!
  • TrulyJulie0022
    TrulyJulie0022 Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Greek yogurt with homemade granola. Or wheat toast with almond butter. Both are my morning go-tos!
  • boopster99
    boopster99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My go-to is plain Greek yoghurt mixed with pumpkin flax granola, tablespoon each of hemp and chia seeds, and a cup of warmed blueberries. Delicious and so good for your tummy!!
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Avacado toast w/chia seeds and hard boiled egg.
    Toast w/Almond butter and some sliced banana sprinkle with cinnamon(one of my favorites and addicting)
    Egg white omelette w/spinach, avacado and salsa(cheese if you like dairy)
    :)

• rz9liason
    rz9liason Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1) Overnight oats, steel cut oats, toast with avocado and a soft cooked egg with hot sauce, quiche, bacon roasted brussel sprouts with a soft cooked egg and toast, broccoli or spinach with a scrambled eggs and freshly baked low carb muffins, canadian bacon with an egg and toast, scramble an egg and stuff it in a burrito with salsa, avocado and spinach

2) Heat 1/4 cup of salsa until hot and then crack two eggs over the mixture until it is done and then eat with toast and avocado! Yum.

3) A two egg omelette stuffed with veggies and 1/2 cup of cereal with milk

4) Pancakes! I make whole wheat pancakes and top them with fresh fruit and a glass of skim milk

5) Homemade muesli or granola on top of a 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt and 1 cup of fresh fruit with an egg of your choice

6) Toast with nut butter of your choice, a glass of skim milk and a small piece of fruit

7) Grilled veggies topped with an egg, a piece of fruit and toast with avocado, nut butter, ricotta cheese or goat cheese

8) Homemade refried beans topped with an egg of your choice or roll it up in a tortilla. Add a piece of fruit and a glass of milk, coffee or juice.

9) Thin tortilla cut into one inch pieces that are sauteed in Pam and then top it with salsa and a raw egg. Once the egg is cooked top the mixture with a tablespoon of shredded Mexican cheese and 1/4 sliced avocado.

10) Smoothies are great for breakfasts!

11) Cook mashed black beans and place them in a tortilla with salsa, scrambled egg, avocado and scallions and top with one tablespoon of shredded cheese

12) Heat up 1/2 cup of homemade refried beans and top them with an egg, 1 cup of skim milk and a piece of fruit of your choice.

13) Top one slice of whole wheat bread with ricotta or goat cheese. Add a soft cooked egg and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, plus 1 cup of skim milk and a piece of fruit.

14) There are all kinds of mini egg muffin or muffin recipes out on pinterest.

15) Homemade waffles with scrambled eggs

16) Healthy breakfast casseroles

17) Baked french toast or oatmeal based recipes

18) Sweet potato hash with soft cooked egg, toast and fruit

19) Egg in a hole with a whole wheat bread, yogurt, fruit and milk / coffee

20) Any kind of veggie frittata, toast with nut butter, fruit, coffee / milk
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda boring, I make a pot of steel cut oats and mix up the fruit I add to the pot. Usually top a portion with a couple eggs or an omelet. Sometimes it's leftovers for breakfast or instant oats with BP or yogurt.
  • Mummatobe24
    Mummatobe24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oats all the way I look forward to my breakfast every day
  • ConquerAndBloom
    ConquerAndBloom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I always grab a bowl of oatmeal with some brown sugar at work, but on weekends I tend to like eggs, spinach, onions, topped with sriracha or tapatio. Mmmmmm! This morning though was oatmeal with two sliced bananas on the side sprinkled with cinnamon.