What diet plan do you do or have done in the past ?

Options
JamieCroyle
JamieCroyle Posts: 109 Member

Is anyone here a WW member , if so what have you found that works for you on the plan ?
love to hear from you ? Looking for ideas ?

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    All of them. You name it, I tried it. I'm grateful I actually took the time to listen to people here and learn about the mechanics of weight loss because that's all that worked long term for me, it's been 4 years
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    And weight watchers "worked" for me if by worked you mean lost weight quickly. It did nothing to teach me how to live beyond the poverty 1200 calories they had me on.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Any one that puts you in a calorie deficit will work for weight loss.

BUT more importantly you should find a sustainable way of eating so that you can maintain your weight loss.

For me that is just counting calories, paying attention to an overall nutritious diet and not restricting anything.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    For me, a high protein, high fiber diet worked best. And careful tracking.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I did WW ages ago, when they were still doing exchanges instead of points. I did whatever program they were on circa 2011, too. Then I went off the rails, gained it all back and then some and eventually ended up here. Not gonna lie, I would've gone back to WW, because I did lose a significant amount of weight each time, but lost my motivation before I hit maintenance. Except that I'm no longer employed and the meeting costs were an expense I didn't need.

I found MFP when I googled 'online calorie counter' and joined. I can't really speak to the current WW program, though I've heard second hand that it's not one of the ones I've tried.
  • Luna3828
    Luna3828 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have done several programs as well. I believe that any program works IF you follow the guidelines to that specific plan and stay on track. We are doing MFP counting calories, eating healthy meals, portion control conscious, having foods I love, and exercise. My daughter & I encourage one another as we continue our weight loss journey. Like everything else its going to take time, so be patient and do not give up but stay the course.
  • JamieCroyle
    JamieCroyle Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've already lost 42 lbs I have already convinced myself NOT to give up even if I have a gain. Because I always heard you'll have your days. And of course I 've had my share of BAD days. I've been doing Weight Watchers for 8 straight years. I get off track sometimes. It happens they say just Pick yourself up and get Back on track.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Been on WW since Jan 2013, lost 155# (376 to 221)
    There is a WW group forum on MFP, GoaD Guys on a Diet. We moved to MFP whenWW closed their Community BBs and started WW Connect.
    GoaD is a no BS group, lots of WW experience and knowledge.
    Check it out.