Anything is possible. 155 pounds down in about 2 years

Options
numbz618
numbz618 Posts: 12 Member
edited April 2017 in Success Stories
fqw2y28u42x2.jpeg

I went from 360lbs at my heaviest to 205, only within 6 pounds of reaching my goal and cutting below 200. Once I reach that I can start my new journey to bulking and be around 220 but the right way. SHREDDED. I wanna just tell anyone that's there's no secret pill, shake, wrap or anything. It takes motivation and determination day in and day out. Diet and exercise is all you need. Find your balance and stick to your goals!! Add me to Continue to watch my journey and I'll gladly watch yours in return.

Tim

Replies

• bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Great work!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    WOW. What a transformation. Well done. :mrgreen:
  • summerblues21
    summerblues21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow Tim - you look great and you're right - there's not miracle cure - just the right mindset and determination. I've re-started my "healthier lifestyle" today after looking back at what I did back in 2012 and realising I've been eating too little for the amount of exercise I was doing. Good luck with the last 6lbs.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job, can you tell us how much of the exercise was weight training and how much was cardio?
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    that is really incredible! I've got a long way to go, but down 4 lbs in 2 weeks. seeing pictures/stories like yours gives me encouragement, because progress seems SO slow!
  • numbz618
    Options
    dbkyser wrote: »
    Fantastic Job, can you tell us how much of the exercise was weight training and how much was cardio?

From what I've learned from reading and honestly watching YouTube channels such as mike Chang and others and thru simple trial and error, you should start with heavier lifting. In order to lose fat the right way you need to gain muscle and break down the fat in a dramatic way. If you where to stick strictly to more cardio then yes you will shed the weight but you will be left with excess skin. I average atleast 2 hrs in the gym or home workouts. An hr and a half to lifting and a half hr cardio. If you go to the gym a great fat burning cardio workout is walking on the treadmill but at a high incline.
  • numbz618
    Options
    mom2kateRH wrote: »
    that is really incredible! I've got a long way to go, but down 4 lbs in 2 weeks. seeing pictures/stories like yours gives me encouragement, because progress seems SO slow!

When it comes to weight loss you will hit streaks where the weight falls off and then you will what they call "peak" it's a time period to where you feel like your stuck and no matter what you do your not losing weight. But you gotta push thru it because trust me almost over night you'll see a dramatic drop in weight. Sometimes your body needs time to catch up to what you're doing. Don't give up and just push thru!! Good luck with your continual journey!!

• tealtortoise
    tealtortoise Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What an achievement! You look amazing!
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Great transformation.. very inspiring :)
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You look amazing ! Great job, hard work pays off !
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Boy you look amazing!

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Tim,
    Congratulations!
    I've lost 155 too but it has taken me over four years on WWers. (376 to 221)
    I'm older than you, probably old enough to be your grandpa LOL! Great to do it while you're YOUNG!
    Still working on getting below 200.
    Jim
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    What! Wow! Amazing! I'm so happy for you!
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Awesome work Tim! Good luck getting below 200!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Nice work.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Kick *kitten* job!
  • sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! All of your hard work has DEFINITELY paid off :)
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am also a Tim. :) You look amazing. I hope you're very proud of your accomplishment and happy shredding!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!