I could do with a massage

Options
hmmm, just the idea of it makes me tingle :)
Never had one but would love it. Offers welcome BTW :)
So, who's had a full massage, the works and what was it like ?

Aaron x

Replies

• kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Yeah, same here! However, too chicken to go have one until I reach my goal! Even then...who knows.

Sorry, can't help ya out... I've been working out the arms but they don't stretch that far. ;)
  • mcgwnkrista
    Options
    I get one once a week cause my insurance pays for it! It's so awesome and it's better if you get one from a medical office instead of Massage Envy or Dolce because the medical massages are less about relaxation and more about releasing the toxins and getting all your knots out.
  • kelika71
    Options
    I get one once a week cause my insurance pays for it! It's so awesome and it's better if you get one from a medical office instead of Massage Envy or Dolce because the medical massages are less about relaxation and more about releasing the toxins and getting all your knots out.

Interesting! I might just have to check this out. My calves always have knots. When I say always...even as a child! Dr. said they were growing pains. I think at my age, I'm done growing. The pain isn't done, though.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Compliments of my degree, I have been both on the giving and receiving end of a massage. Therapeutic massage is nice, I wasn't that impressed. However, muscular massage...ohhhh Heavenly.

There are 5 different categories of massage "style": effleurage, petrissage, friction, tapotement and myofascial release.

I've only had one massage. It was full-body. The chick was good, but not strong enough to loosen my back. If you're getting a massage, get a dude or get a chick that could whip your *kitten*. You gotta have guns to be effective in a lot of cases. (Or really creative).
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I go weekly to a massage therapist. Best money ever reimbursed by medical. Great for stress, problem areas and overall awesomeness. Be aware that massage therapy usually isn't a nice light, fluffy massage.... You are going to feel it! But the benefits are amazing!
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Compliments of my degree, I have been both on the giving and receiving end of a massage. Therapeutic massage is nice, I wasn't that impressed. However, muscular massage...ohhhh Heavenly.

There are 5 different categories of massage "style": effleurage, petrissage, friction, tapotement and myofascial release.

I've only had one massage. It was full-body. The chick was good, but not strong enough to loosen my back. If you're getting a massage, get a dude or get a chick that could whip your *kitten*. You gotta have guns to be effective in a lot of cases. (Or really creative).

As a licensed massage therapist myself, I just want to point out that your 5 "styles" of massage pertain to Swedish massage. There are many many different forms of massage i.e. Deep tissue, treatment massage, shiatsu, thai massage, Reiki, reflexology, etc.

Now, I work in a clinical setting, at a physical therapy office, so a lot of my work is treatment work. And I LOVE treatment work because I suffer from chronic pain. It is not comfortable like a spa-type swedish massage, but you feel so much better afterwards, like you're in a new body. But, there is nothing wrong with a good deep tissue massage, but you gotta let your practitioner know if you want deeper work. I get some deep tissue work done on my calves a lot that can bring a man to his knees. So go get a massage!!! :happy:
  • aaronjames11
    Options
    I so have to go and have one ! Knots ! I have loads lol :)
  • kelika71
    Options
    I so have to go and have one ! Knots ! I have loads lol :)

lol You let us know how it goes. I'm too chicken and what little ones I've had from friends...OUCH!! I'm a wimp with this deep tissue stuff. I'll deal with the knots, take hot baths and whatever else. lol
  • aaronjames11
    Options
    Yeah will do ! :)
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I would love to get one. Just enver had the nerve to go get one.
  • kelika71
    Options
    Yeah will do ! :)

lol Thanks! Can't wait to hear about this!