Apple Watch

Options
Does anyone else have an apple watch? If so, how do you track your exercise? When I choose "Circuit Training" and enter 55 minutes, MFP says I've burned 531 calories, and my watch says 253 calories (almost half.) Suggestions? I track it as "other" in my watch. TYIA for any advice!

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I love my Apple Watch, but I've given up on using it as a fitness tracker integrated with MFP. I just log my ACTIVE calories as reported by my Watch at the end of each day, but I don't add them back to my calories to eat. I burn about 600 active calories a day, so I changed my setting to moderately active.
  • imgr8stmom
    imgr8stmom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have an Apple Watch and notice the same thing. Also- @nowine4me , the resting calories on Apple Watch, do you go by that number, and then minus a deficit, or do you use the calorie goal given to you by MFP????
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I currently use my TDEE minus a 250 deficit to lose .5# per week. So I eat at 1700. Makes planning easier for me. I only track my active calories to make sure I'm meeting my minimum daily burn of 500.
  • dondotwinks
    dondotwinks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My BMR on Apple watch is higher than MFP'S NEAT! I burn between 500 and 800 active cals every day depending whether its a work day. Besides work i do 2-3 dog walks totalling 5-6 miles, i log the Dog walks as exercise and have started logging some of my work as exercise but never get the calories added that i should. I work on a net burn of 62 cals per mile and eat that back after the 1st mile.I very often have a total of 2200-2400 on apple watch and only looking to drop .5lbs a week so usually eat around 1800-2000 cals a day.
  • smkcr
    smkcr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So, I am new to this. At the end of the day do I take my active calories on my watch, subtract them from mfp calories, and enter that number into mfp? This has been so frustrating to figure out bc it doesn't go over. Thank you!
  • KirbySmith46
    KirbySmith46 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Is your watch not synced with mfp? I just upgraded to an Apple Watch this week and it works perfectly! The Fitbit I was using was way overestimating my calorie burn. I'm finding the Apple Watch to be very accurate. Also, mfp is very generous on the calories they give for exercise.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Mine integrates perfectly with MFP. I love to chase the rings and it keeps me on track daily.

I never heard of taking the red ring cals and moving them over. I just log my workouts and those get added to my MFP base numbers.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    My watch gives me 288 calories burned for walking 6 miles where other calculators give me a lot more. I really like the watch because I know for sure it is probably not overestimating calories burned with exercise.