Cyclists, who do you think will win Paris- Roubaix

Options
Dynamis600
Dynamis600 Posts: 743 Member
Hi all just wondering who you are hoping to win.

I would like our Matty Hayman to get another but it is probably not likely.
Would be lovely for Tom Boonen to finish of his career with the rock.
But I think I will be going for Greg Van Avermaet.

Replies

• TrueGrit1906
    TrueGrit1906 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think Peter Sagan is out to redeem himself fron his Flanders debacle.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I think Peter Sagan is out to redeem himself fron his Flanders debacle.

I would love to see Sagan win.

The pave takes no prisoners.
  • Dynamis600
    Options
    True no prisoners. So happy for Greg :) Shame Sagan had mechanical but that's cycling for you.
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Just LOL at cycling....

LOL at anyone cycling with gear designed for professional athletes.

My colleague has bicycles worth 5k each in his garage. I lifted one up with a finger and it had such little weight to it.... Nice party trick.... But the guy is clearly not in shape to be using something of that quality. Let alone his twin teenage daughters that have no interest in cycling whatsoever.

I know let's take our driving test in a formula one car.... That makes sense.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    IVMay wrote: »
    Just LOL at cycling....

LOL at anyone cycling with gear designed for professional athletes.

My colleague has bicycles worth 5k each in his garage. I lifted one up with a finger and it had such little weight to it.... Nice party trick.... But the guy is clearly not in shape to be using something of that quality. Let alone his twin teenage daughters that have no interest in cycling whatsoever.

I know let's take our driving test in a formula one car.... That makes sense.

IVM, please
  • IVMay
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Just LOL @ anyone who is wearing form-clinging clothing without competing in professional cycling.
    Although the ankles are an obvious issue :)
  • IVMay
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Just LOL at taking up a whole lane because you feel that 5mph and not paying road tax entitles you to liberal marxism throwing one over on anybody who actually has an appointment or deadline to meet. <-- people say this but personally I believe everybody should be entitled to use the roads regardless of whether they have a positive contribution towards society.

Yes some people say Co2 from cars vs military and ships only contributes towards a small amount of actual..... Oh wait - none of that here, please. This is about URRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Yeah...
  • Dynamis600
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ignoring non-cyclists, such an iconic race and just drama from start to finish, really enjoyed watching it, and knowing that anything can happen and any of the top racers win. Looking forward to Fleshe Wallone. First time this year I am able to see the monuments as we have it on free TV. :)
  • KiwiLifter
    KiwiLifter Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I miss the old riders, like Big Mig.