Newby from Aus

Options
Hi, I live in Australia, and was recommended to this site by my boss who has lost 25 kg using myfitnesspal. I have been diagnosed pre diabetic and my cholestrol is too high. The doc has given me 3 months to make a change or I will be put on medication. I have 30kgs to lose. My husband has promised me a trip to Hawaii next June/July if I can do this. My biggest hurdle is my head space. I know what to do but wont let myself do it. aaargh it is a constant battle but here I am. I sooo wanna go to Hawaii and where bathers again..... Phsycologist here I come. Exercise is not easy for me as I simply hate it, but I love walking my dogs. I just need to get out of the bed in the morning to do it before work. Yesterday I had my ears pierced (something I have always wanted to do) and everytime I have a desire to break the diet, I will just feel my ear lobes and remember why I had them done and what I want to achieve by July next year. Heres the start to something good.......

Replies

• AdelleMarie
    Options
    I would love to support you to health.
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm an Aussie too. You will find other great Aussies to make friends with. But you will also find great friends all over the world too. I have a similar weight goal to you. I've only lost 5kg so far but can see plenty of other arguably more important improvements including more energy, more optimistic outlook and more awareness about building a long term healthy lifestyle. Good luck!
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi! i had high cholesterol and lost 20 kilos and im not medicated anymore!
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm from the UK but moved to Australia in March. I wish you all the best of luck on your journey and would love more Aussie friends on here in the same time zone as me. I'll request you :-)
  • Daliramire
    Daliramire Posts: 10
    Options
    Cool thanks guys, I feel like I have support here, unlike other websites I have been on. Look forward to checking in and seeing your progress too.
  • youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    set myfitnesspal.com as your homepage and you'll have another thing to remind you ;)
    good luck with your goals
  • derynb
    derynb Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I am in NZ and have been doing this on and off for about 3 months, its hard and time consuming at first but stick to it as it will get easier and faster as you build up your database, I have lost 5kg and am just starting to feel the benefits, the health benefits are immeasurable, I was looking at having to go on blood pressure pills and that was enough to spur me into action....good luck.
  • Daliramire
    Options
    Good on you, I hope I can start to feel the benefits soon too. Keep up the good work and thanks for the support.
  • Daliramire
    Options
    Youngmum - Yeah I'm finding it hard to start with, trying to remember to log in every time I eat something. But I have already learnt some lessons regarding some of my regular foods. ie I didnt know that latte's have protein (common sense after the fact says of course cos it is made with milk, der) but one latte threw my protein points into a negative on the first day. I wouldnt have ever thought that. Thanks MFP already..... If that is not enough to keep me logging in I dont know what would.:)
  • Daliramire
    Options
    Thats fantastic. Leslturn8