Hello. My name is Josh

Options
Hi. My name is Josh. I am 32 years old and I live in Raleigh, North Carolina. I weigh rite at around 500 lbs, and I am really hoping that I can find the willpower that I know I have to change my bad habits. I have been dealing with my weight now for about 14 years, and I want more than anything to be healthy. I have been over 400 for at least 10 years. I am "generally" healthy, but I do have sleep apnea because of my weight. I look forward to talking with you fine folks and would be happy to accept any input/suggestions that you may have to help me start my journey to wellness. Thank You very much!

Josh

Replies

• yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    you can totally do this josh! i have faith in you.

as for suggestions/advice? well i'm just learning myself but i feel really good about myself when i get my eight glasses of water down & i try to exercise everything .. even if it's just like a fifteen minute walk .. not sure how much you can move around but i'm a firm believer in even the smallest things count for something! (:
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    Hi Josh!

Lovely to 'meet' you! First of all you are definatley in the right place! People here are usually very supportive and helpful!
    Best of luck to you also!
    In my experience I'd say try eating lots of fruit and veg, and protein rice foods, if you want carbs make sure they are complex so wholegrain pasta, bread, and brown rice etc. Oh and a big one is drink alot of water! Water should be your new best friend!!

Feel free to add me if you want a friend!
  • sallywag
    sallywag Posts: 26
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. Most people here have good advice to give on how they are achieving success. For me, I'm trying to move as much as I can, anywhere that I can take a few more steps.
  • Lima_India_Zulu
    Options
    Good Luck Josh! The best thing I can offer is to say don't rush it, and don't starve yourself. You need your base calories each day or your body goes into starvation mode and then you cannot lose weight. Also, like other people say, lots of water and any little bit of exercise possible!

You can do it!
  • jeanie✰
    jeanie✰ Posts: 127
    Options
    Hi, Josh! MFP is definitely a step in the right direction. I'm sort of new-ish here as well, but the biggest three recommendations I have are:

1) Even if you've eaten fifty billionty calories, LOG IT. If you aren't 100% certain how many calories are in it, check around the interwebs/the database. There's bound to be something close. Log it ALL. Liquids included!

2) That 8 glasses of water? Do it. Even if you hate the taste of water, do it!

3) If there are two ways to do something, and one requires more physical effort...do it the harder way. Every bit counts!
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Hi Josh,

I'm pretty new here myself, and like everyone else said these forums are very supportive. If you have questions feel free to message anyone for some help. Look forward to seeing you around the forums!