How Long Did It Take You to Lose 10lbs?

Options
I started about 2 weeks ago and have lost 1.5lbs. I know I could gain it back in a nanosecond if I am not careful. Patience is not won of my strengths and it seems like forever until I lose the 30 lbs. I need to lose. If I could just lose 10 lbs. I would feel like I am on my way, so was wondering how long it took some of you to lose that amount of weight. I want to be realistic.

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose anything at all for my first 10 days. Then I started losing 1 kg/week.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    It's going to take me a life time.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I lost the first 13 pounds in a month, 42 pounds in 21 weeks. Then it slowed to a half pound weekly.

My wife's loss was the opposite a half pound weekly, at most for 3 months. Hers speed up the last 20 pounds.

This is a YMMV.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Just under 10 weeks. Right on schedule with my 1lb per week goal :smile: 10 pounds of 30 would put you at 33% of to goal - that's more than just on your way! Patience, grasshopper.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It typically takes me around 3 months to lose my 10 Lbs winter weight.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Been trying to lose my last 10# for 6 months with zero progress. But Maintaining is far better than going the other way.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It took me 51 days for the first 10 pounds. After that it got even slower. Now that I'm close to goal it's taking around 3 weeks to lose 1/2 pound.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    1.5 lbs in 2 weeks is good. You are losing 0.75 lbs week. That has your pace of 10 lbs in less then 2 months
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    11ish weeks. But I was already at a healthy weight, so baby steps. Good luck!
  • Cuddlebearjay
    Cuddlebearjay Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It took me about 2 months to lose the first 10, and my goal is to lose 40. It feels slow, but in retrospect, 2 months of my life is miniscule. Just hang in there, and that first 10 will be gone before you know it :)
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    It took me three months, during which I started strength training 2x a week, so put on a little muscle, but became much smaller.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    A week, but I was over 300#.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    2 months. I lost 5 lb/month for Jan and Feb, and it's slowed down since then. My total weight loss goal is about 20 lb, and my goal is to get there by the end of May.
  • jludwick78
    jludwick78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hit 10.8 pounds at weigh in today. It's my 14th week at 1300 calories. I slipped a few days here and there that slowed me a bit. But now I'm averaging a pound a week.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    About five weeks, but I was moderately obese.
  • nerodroids
    nerodroids Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Monster metabolism, but when i made my first account during last years summer , around 2 weeks, no exercise no carbs no sugar roughly 1000 cal a day ft 2h hot baths followed by a cold shower at the end (its really nice and boosts ur metabolism if you're into it give it a try)