HEEEELP!! :-(

Options
emmalene1984
emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
I have lost my beautiful gorgeous, expensive watch bought for me by my boyfriend only a month ago, one minute i was wearing it and the next it wasnt on my wrist anymore :-( its not insured and was v.expensive (for us) i dont know whether to tell him or not or to buy a new one (which i cant afford) or what to do. and its so depressing because this has happened on the day i got my uni results and i did so well. also, i cant really tell my other half this weekend as he is away for work at a book fair/festival thing and i dont want to put a damper on his weekend. i am sooooooo angry and annoyed and depressed about this, particularly as i have lost it through no fault of my own :-(

i also havent lost any weight this week either :-(

sorry, depressed rant over. x

Replies

• Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I would fess up when he gets back. Why carry the burden of guilt, or deception?

He may not be happy, but it is only a watch.

The weight loss is in the post :)
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    Can you look for it before the weekend is over? if you can't find it by the time he gets back i bet he will understand. I lost my engagement ring for a long time i never told him (after we were married) one day i told him and he confessed he might have lost it for me!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I would confess to him. Also maybe you could put and ad in the local paper and on Craigslist? Or put some flyers up. I hope you get it back again. Maybe you just lost it around the house or yard even. Good luck to you.
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    keep your eyes open for it over the weekend. if you haven't found it by the time he gets home, tell him the truth. he may be disappointed, but it won't change his love for you! the guilt or trickery isn't worth it....
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    I would def. tell him!! :) It is a watch, and you didn't throw it away on purpose or anything..it was an accident ;). He should understand and my even help you look for it :)
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    I'd fess up, as well.
    There's no sense in carrying the guilt around. He will clearly see how upset you are and maybe the two of you can look for it. Like the other person said, it's only a watch. I know it sucks and its incredibly disappointing, but it could always be worse! The guilt and worry of keeping this from him will do you more harm than good!
  • Mveler
    Mveler Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    The truth is always best. A real, lasting relationship can have no lies and secrets. You will be asking for failure.
  • rcpayton
    rcpayton Posts: 90
    Options
    I would definitely tell him. Better he find out from you directly than realize you dont have it on and then you have to tell him. A few years ago I lost my engagement ring. Searched everywhere for it and was really upset! I told my husband (then fiance) about it and he was awesome about it and said "you could lose your ring a million times but you will never lose my heart"!!! That made me feel better, not to mention it was super sweet! :) Anyway, he was getting ice from our freezer and said "you will never guess what I found in the ice". I guess my ring slipped off when I was getting ice out weeks before. Good thing I had told him about it because not only did he help me look for it and later found it but it would have been pretty awkward if he found it and I had hid that info from him.

Good luck to you! I hope you find it soon! :)
  • emmalene1984
    Options
    thanks everyone, i have looked high and low for it since i noticed it was missing, the problem is, ive been out and about loads today and i dont live in the most honest of areas of london, so i just know that its fallen off somewhere in public, someone has seen it and thoguht, ooh look, i nice sparkly, expensive watch for free, lucky me! :-( on the kinda plus side, i did get to burn an extra 140 ish calories walking around retracing my steps trying to find it. i will tell him, i just feel like ive let him and myself down, you see i loose things all the time, but was sure i would really look after this watch as i had wanted it for ages and was expensive etc, and i DID look after it, so well, kept it in its presentation box whenever i wasnt wearing it, made sure i never just took it off and left it lying about the house and frustratingly now, thru no fault of my own, its gone forever :-( i just want to cry. cant get hold of the boyfriend at the mo so will have to wait til tomorrow, or if i can hold out that long, til he gets back from his trip. i know he will still love me, and will understand it wasnt my fault, but i also know he will feel like he has thrown over £100 pounds down the drain and will want to replace it, i want to replace it too because it was gorgeous, but i just dont feel like we can justify that kind of expenditure. ho hum. hope you are all having a better weekend than me?

thanks everyone :-) xx
  • GW9stone
    GW9stone Posts: 10
    Options
    Well done for getting good results! Best thing to do i think is show him your results first and then after that break the news about the watch to him. It's not your fault!

**** happens... ive also lost a very expensive watch that was my mums... litteraly havent seen it since i moved house! :/

Mabey you are at a natural weight for your body and thats why even though you are dieting and exercising loads you are the same weight...or mabey youre turning fat into muscle... muscle weighs more! x
  • emmalene1984
    Options
    guess what i just found?? yup, my watch, was at home all along!! :-) i searched high and low for it and then when i wasnt looking, there it was :-) on the plus side, i got an extra 140 ish calories in last night on the walk looking for it retracing my steps! :-) on the bad side, im now sooo tired today i dont think ill manage a workout :-( x
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    guess what i just found?? yup, my watch, was at home all along!! :-) i searched high and low for it and then when i wasnt looking, there it was :-) on the plus side, i got an extra 140 ish calories in last night on the walk looking for it retracing my steps! :-) on the bad side, im now sooo tired today i dont think ill manage a workout :-( x

whoo hoo!! :)..soo where was it? under the bed..next to your toothbrush..by the water botttles? lol :) so glad you found it!
  • emmalene1984
    Options
    somehow it was on the sofa, which i tore apart looking for it, then when i was sat on it yesterday i saw something silvery out of the corner of my eye, thought, no it can't be, but it was :-) after having already broken the news it ws lost to my other half. needless to say, we were both very relieved :-)
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, my boyfriends Mum bought me some expensive gloves for chirstmas and I loved them and lost them. I still haven't told her I brought some replacement ones but they are not as nice :(
    I am sure if you tell him he will be ok about it, it's not like you did it on purpose.
  • asunshinec
    asunshinec Posts: 74
    Options
    So glad you found it!! That must have been so stressful!

When I was in High School, I lost my best (guy) friend's class ring... I was a mess. I finally broke the news to him like 12 hours later, and he just laughed at me. Through my tears, I asked why he was laughing and he said because one of his friends had found it on the sink in the restroom - I must have taken it off to wash my hands and left it there when I was done!! I was relieved, but sad because he never did let me wear the ring again, lol. Apparently he was holding it, waiting to see how long it would take for me to tell him. From that point on, I totally believed that honesty, as soon as possible, is the best policy. =)