Any tall women out there looking to lose weight? I'm 6'2" hoping to lose 100+!!

Replies

• yvettekeaton
    yvettekeaton Posts: 59 Member
    Hi, I'm on the shorter side of tall @ 5'9 1/4. Looking to lose 60 pounds.. CW 240 (probably shld weigh myself since its been 3wks back on MFP and clothes are fitting looser) GW 180-185.
    All on this thread, feel free to add me as well. Accountability is key!!!
  • newlife7654
    newlife7654 Posts: 36 Member
    I'm 5'9 and hoping to lose around 100# please add me if interested in mutual support.
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    5'11 here. Happy to add new, active, chatty tall mfp friends. I am 219 and a size 14 right now and would love to get below 200 again... and go from there!
  • yoyo715
    yoyo715 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello All! I'm 5' 9" and I've been doing MFP for a month. I am starting to add workout goals now by trying planet fitness 3x a week to do the circuit training and some cardio. Start weight: 216. Current Weight: 208 /size 14. Goal weight: 150. I would love to add others to motivate and learn from each other!
  • Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    There are many on MFP! I invite anyone that has or had 100+ pounds and would like a fun and supportive group to join:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery
    or
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115768-losing-100-pounds-naturally-no-surgery
  • Iloveteaching5
    Iloveteaching5 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm looking for motivational friends that are on the same journey as me. I am 26 years old. Im 5'10
    CW: 260 GW: 170

Add me and lets do this tovether.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    I'm 5‘11" and need to lose 30 lbs - please friend me!
  • rosase01
    rosase01 Posts: 1 Member
    Go to http://www.alloyapparel.com ... jeans up to 39 inch inseam! All the latest styles.. skinny jeans, ripped jeans, etc. Even maxi dresses! I'm 6'2" and Proud!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    6-1 here. Lost almost 50 so far, another 30-ish to go.
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Hi I'm 5'11" started at 245. Lost 35 so far. Another 45ish to go. You can add me.
  • KpopGrad92
    KpopGrad92 Posts: 93 Member
    5'11 or 180.3 cm, Lost like over 50lbs, so far less than 40lbs to lose now.
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    I'm 5'10, so tall but not that tall. You can add me if you want.
  • anorman16
    anorman16 Posts: 14 Member
    I'm 5'11" - SW 244, CW 230, Goal #1 is to hit 194, Goal # 2 ultimately is 174. Anyone is welcome to add me. I could use accountability and motivation. Tall girls rock!
  • Tayykisses
    Tayykisses Posts: 265 Member
    I am 5'10. Looking to lose 70! Add me!
  • avocadochampagne
    avocadochampagne Posts: 18 Member
    5'10" here. Starting weight was 207, down to 199. Goal weight 143, so I have 56 more pounds to lose this year. I'm 24 and an art director which means I sit on my bum mostly all day and work 12+ hours so scheduling workouts is a *kitten*, so I try to squeeze in exercise into my routine. Between walking to and from work and walking my 2 dogs I walk around 2 hours every day and try to stay under 1200 calories a day. Shoutout to my tall ladies tho!
  • avocadochampagne
    avocadochampagne Posts: 18 Member
    Hi, I am 5'10". And want to lose 50 pounds. People don't think we are overweight Cuz we are tall.

@kittens_info lol right? 5'10" too, want to lose 55 more pounds. The problem at least for me is that weight tends to sneak up on me like a mofo. I gain very proportionally, a bit everywhere and it adds up. My SW was 207 and when I started telling people I was on a diet they were baffled and told me they don't think I'm overweight at all, but I hella was! :))
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 179 Member
    edited April 2017
    I am 5ft 9 and need to lose about 50lbs. Add me!
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    kruppanoa wrote: »
    Hi, I am 5'10". And want to lose 50 pounds. People don't think we are overweight Cuz we are tall.

@kittens_info lol right? 5'10" too, want to lose 55 more pounds. The problem at least for me is that weight tends to sneak up on me like a mofo. I gain very proportionally, a bit everywhere and it adds up. My SW was 207 and when I started telling people I was on a diet they were baffled and told me they don't think I'm overweight at all, but I hella was! :))

Yes!!!! This ^^^

I always think it's a blessing and a curse that I can gain so much without anyone thinking I'm too fat :smiley:
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Read an article today that said tall women are at greater risk of a heart condition called atrial fibrillation - which can lead to stroke or heart attack. Hmmm... I was diagnosed with that condition last September. Soooo... because I'm tall??? Who knows... but greater weight leaves us at greater risk, so best to get rid of the superfluous pounds. Onward, Ladies!