livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    A high carb or fat food.

The protein goal is a mininum
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    All the carbs and all the fats.

Carbs include vegetables, grains, fruits, cereals, breads, potatoes, and nearly the entire chip aisle.

Fats include the nuts, avocado, butter, oils (I.e salad dressings).
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some kind of medical condition which warrants low protein, or you're always eating so much protein you're completely lacking in fiber and healthy fat, no worries.

What are your macros set to?
  • Rivvvy
    Rivvvy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Unless you have some kind of medical condition which warrants low protein, or you're always eating so much protein you're completely lacking in fiber and healthy fat, no worries.

39 fats 169 carbs 78g protein 1310 calories
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Rivvvy wrote: »
    Psychgrrl wrote: »

39 fats 169 carbs 78g protein 1310 calories

you can go over macros from time to time.as long as you are not going over calories then you will still lose weight. weight loss is not linear so some weeks you will see a loss ,others you may not.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    78g is not too high. The general thought is to eat between .8-1g protein per lbs of ideal weight ( mid BMI) while losing.

Don't worry about going over, going too far under is when you have to worry (barring medical advice).

ie at a maintenance of 100-105 lbs I try to get 80-100g.

Feet not you are doing fine.

Cheers, h.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I go over my protein most everyday. Unless you have some sort of medical condition that requires you to watch it, then there shouldn't be a problem.

I manually increased the protein on here, as i think mfp's default setting is way too low.
  • LessofAJ
    LessofAJ Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I go over on protein all the time and am still losing just fine. Protein seems to keep me satisfied longer so I often seek it out.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Don't be worried about going over on your protein at all. The MFP defaults are very low protein and it's better to treat it as a minimum.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Fruit. Lots of other things too, of course.

But like others have said, go over, no harm. The default MFP protein goal is too low if you are on low calories anyway, IMO.

• antdelsa
    antdelsa Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Its ok to go over protein a bit, but if you want filling low protein foods you can eat a bunch of stuff, sweet potatoes, salads or pretty much all the leafy green veggies you want, or just veggies in general lol rice, quinoa, cheese,... i love parmasean chips, you make little 1 tbs mounds of shredded parmasean flatten them out and bake, once it melts let them cool off and they become crispy... kale chips... There's a ton of options to replace protein but again going over on protein isn't a bad thing
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    antdelsa wrote: »
    Its ok to go over protein a bit, but if you want filling low protein foods you can eat a bunch of stuff, sweet potatoes, salads or pretty much all the leafy green veggies you want, or just veggies in general lol rice, quinoa, cheese,... i love parmasean chips, you make little 1 tbs mounds of shredded parmasean flatten them out and bake, once it melts let them cool off and they become crispy... kale chips... There's a ton of options to replace protein but again going over on protein isn't a bad thing

Parmesan has more protein than fat?
  • antdelsa
    antdelsa Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    antdelsa wrote: »

Parmesan has more protein than fat?

Yeah you're right, i was thinking fats and no carbs lol i never really worry about protein because my intake is so high... my bad... still a good snack though haha nice catch
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein target. Problem solved. My macros are 20g carbs 106g protein and 106g fat.
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My goal is to always go over my protein target. If I have more protein, I'm less hungry and less apt to crave things that aren't as good for me.