I am too skinny

Options
I am so skinny! (my body, especially my face, is like a skull covered with skin, that makes me look so unnaturally ungly) and i want to do something about that. BUT. I dont feel like going to gym, i personally, would like to do some active sport, but unfortunately i don't know which sport will make me more fit. (i tried swimming, but it made me more skinnier) i hope i can find any help! :D thanks in advance

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Calorie surplus. Progressive overload.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What about gymnastics?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    If you aren't eating enough all the exercise in the world won't plump you up.

Gymnastics is cool.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    You can't build muscle without food. You got skinnier when you were swimming because you were burning more fuel and not eating enough. The only way you'll gain weight and bulk up is to eat more. Not even more volume, you can add calories to your day by eating higher fat, nuts and dairy and other foods that are calorie dense.
  • varoughan
    varoughan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies!! Well actually i eat all the time, but as i understand maybe i eat wrong things. So gaining weight is 70% eating? Can i eat more and go swimming, and still gain weight? I just like swimming :smiley:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    varoughan wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the replies!! Well actually i eat all the time, but as i understand maybe i eat wrong things. So gaining weight is 70% eating? Can i eat more and go swimming, and still gain weight? I just like swimming :smiley:

What do you eat?
    If it doesn't involve calorie dense foods, start including those! Fats are especially good as they provide a lot of calories for very little volume.

Yes, you can keep swimming - you just need to eat more than your total calorie output
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    To "fill out" your features, you're going to need to gain weight.

Any sport including swimming will help you fill out your features and gain muscle (eg: look more fit and toned) *IF* and *ONLY IF*, you're eating more calories a day than you're expending.

Doing a sport, weight lifting, etc without eating adequate calories will result in further weight loss and you getting more "gaunt" looking.

If you want to discuss how many calories you're typically eating in a day, height, weight, gender, and what your activity level is regularly, most of the people here would be happy to help you in any way they can.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is your friend!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If you want to gain weight or gain muscle, you have to put in the effort. No one got fit by not putting in the countless hours of time trying to do so. If you don't like lifting weights, you can still do it with body resistance, like swimming or body weight routine; as long as there is a component of progressive overload.

Gaining weight is 100% calories.

Gaining muscle is 100% progressive overload exercise

Without both, you results will reflect it.

If you need food ideas: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • varoughan
    varoughan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This was actually my first community post and it couldn't be more helpful! Thank you people for your advises! I will start working from now on!