Diet Pills

Options

Replies

• JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My aunt took diet pills. She lost 20 pounds and killed her thyroid.
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Why are people so damn condiscending like i dont understand how calories work?
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Why are people so damn condiscending like i dont understand how calories work?

I didn't mean to be condescending. Many people who say they have "a clean diet and regular exercise" aren't aware that those don't necessarily lead to weight loss. My post was intended to educate. But feel free to search the forum archives for other opinions, since diet pills have been discussed countless times. :+1:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Lmfao...
  • geebright
    geebright Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you considered intermittent fasting? Ive had incredible results. :)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    firead wrote: »
    My sister has good luck with diet pills in the 90s.
    They gave her a heart condition, and between the hospitalizations and the cardiac diet, she lost weight.

Ouch.
  • antdelsa
    antdelsa Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    firead wrote: »
    My sister has good luck with diet pills in the 90s.
    They gave her a heart condition, and between the hospitalizations and the cardiac diet, she lost weight.

Stuff in the 90s was no joke, soooo many compounds have been banned because of the craziness of diet pills in the 90s, literally people were dying in gyms during workout sessions, hardcore stuff.
  • Lisagigimia1003
    Lisagigimia1003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I guess no one is going to mention Phentermine...so I will. It helps you control yourself so that you don't eat too many calories! I admit that I've taken it for a few months 2-3 times over the past 10 years and every time I lost 10-15 pounds quickly and easily. This time around I am really trying to think long term and changing my habits so that I don't gradually gain weight again. Honestly though, phentermine really helps you control yourself and eat (and not eat) the way you're supposed to.
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I also know that there are drugs that do work. A lot of them are prescription, such as vyvance (now used for treating both ADHD and BED). Theres other drugs (like aderall and ritalin) that are prescription, usually for ADHD that cause weight loss.

There are herbs that surpress appetite (marshmellow root or licorice root) and herbs that stimulate digestion (senna), a few of these beneficial herbs coupled with a dose of caffeine could be helpful to support weight loss I believe. So i was simply asking the public if they had experience with any particular product.

I SEE THAT THAT IS NOT THE CASE HOT DAMN. ill make my own tea or herbal cigarettes or somethin.

And thanks to everyone who attempted to respond to my question instead of regurgitating some *kitten* about calories (also a flawed system, as metabolisms adjust to reduced calories and your diet and metabolism, stress level, biology impact the effects of a calorically deficient diet. But whatever.

I love caffeine in the morning shortlyy after my prescription concerta (slow release ritalin) which has been helpful for appetite control and adhd symptom reduction. I have also had a lot of success in the past witb intermittent fasting, good tip.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    HIIT works well for me. Walk 1 minute, jog, then sprint, then repeat.
This discussion has been closed.