Meal Preppers - what's on the menu?

Options
I'm looking for a little inspiration this week - what are you making?

Replies

• pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Pesto risotto
    Onion soup
    Vegetable mousakka
    Szechuan string beans
  • Motherofship
    Motherofship Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am a Ketoer, but here's my menu for the week...

M/W/F (heavy exercise days)
    Breakfast: coffee/tea with 2 tbsp coconut oil and butter

Lunch: spinach salad w/ olive oil & grilled chicken

Snack: either cheese and maybe some jerky, or a half quest bar

Dinner: Cheddar-Chorizo meatballs (from ruled.me) w/ spinach salad & olive oil

T/Th (lighter days)

Breakfast: 2 eggs and cheddar, coffee or tea with 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil

Fast until dinnertime

Dinner: Cheddar-Chorizo meatballs (from ruled.me) w/ spinach salad & olive oil
  • crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This is my plan (my family eats differently than I do)-also I base my weekdays on 800g+ of veggies and fruit, so everything is built around that Monday-Friday

-breakfasts will be sprouted grains bread toasted with either butter or light cheese spread/coffee

-late morning snack will be 200g+ of sweet potato fries (made with spices and baked)

-lunches are 'Everything but the Kitchen Sink' salads :D These massive, mixing bowl sized salads include all sorts of greens and veggies, and then warmed up refried beans (black/pinto), black olives, shredded cheese, sour cream, Fritos or spicy tortilla chips, pepperoni, mild pepper rings and then French dressing and hot sauce. If there's any leftover bacon lying around that gets thrown in too!

-afternoon snack 200g+ of cantaloupe/coffee

-suppers will either be baked salmon/tilapia or oat bowls (2 servings oats, ground flax seed, banana and a splash of milk). If I'm having fish then I'll also saute mushrooms with asparagus/green beans as well

This will be my menu for Monday-Thursday. Friday will start out the same but we'll eat out on Friday night.

Saturday and Sunday are my IF days (eating window noon-8pm):
    -Saturday's lunch will most likely be a grilled cheese and egg sandwich (sprouted grains bread-buttered, with a scrambled egg, shredded cheese, tomato and onion), and then Saturday's supper is open-we eat out, go to family/friends etc.

-Sunday is Easter so we'll do a big ham lunch with relatives-since I don't like ham I'll be focusing on salad, green bean casserole and the bread option, and then my father-in-laws famous Heath candy bar ice cream sandwich dessert :) Sunday's supper will be white rice, scrambled egg, California blend veggies and sweet n' sour sauce (all mixed together) or more fish and whatever veggies I have left that need to be used up.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for the week is 100g cucumber, 113g cottage cheese and two hard boiled eggs. Lunch is 5oz boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, 100g green beans roasted in coconut oil and black olives. Dinner varies every night but this week will be either turkey or fish.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    This is my lunch for a few days: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2015/03/the-easiest-chopped-chickpea-greek-salad/

Possibly over greens.
  • gmstevens37
    gmstevens37 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Someone posted a picture of their crustless quiche. It inspired me to make one to take for lunch this week.
    Broccoli, onion, spinach, cottage cheese.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This weekend it was meatballs, meatloaf, a mushroom-spinach-bow tie pasta thingie, home made hot mayonnaise (I am so proud), chickpea frittatas, and protein cheesecake.
  • bballpoetress08
    bballpoetress08 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This week I'm doing pb/choc chip overnight oats, beef cabbage tomato soup, and baked lemon pepper wings.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Pork loin braised with onions in the crock pot. I used the braising liquid plus Chinese five spice and soy sauce to cook some broccoli.
  • figureitout87
    figureitout87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys!

I've made up some egg "muffins" with feta and green onion with sausage, and chicken fajita salads.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My prepped am and pm snacks are the same every week (am: 1/2 cup of berries - usually strawberries, but whatever is on sale - 2oz Grapenuts cereal, and 5.3 oz Greek Yogrut) (pm: 1 large carrot and 1 large celery stick sliced up, 1/2 cucumber, 1 hard boiled egg).
    For lunch this week, I made a batch of Avocado Rice with Shredded Chicken (2 cups of rice (uncooked measurement), six cups shredded chicken and 2 avocados mixed well, add in some salt and pepper and served with roasted carrots. It's like a creamy chicken casserole without the cream or the cheese!
    I baked a batch of potatoes yesterday, too, so for dinner, all I need to so is steam some quick veggies and cook a protein and I'm good to do for dinner.

Meal prep is the way to go! I've been doing it for a while now, and then I got off track and didn't prep for last week and I was struggling all week long to find food to eat, lol.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I am gluten free and am also carb loading for a marathon. This week's meals are:

M: Jambalaya
    T: Homemade Pad Thai
    W: Cheese steak baked potatoes
    Th: Gluten free pizza

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Roasted vegetable and egg casserole topped with shredded chicken, salsa and kimchi.
    Lunch: "Mexican" chicken and vegetable soup.
    Dinner: Stuffed poblano pepper
    Snacks: Cauliflower rice and chicken
    Baby Bok Choy
  • abijo5747
    abijo5747 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Making a brown sugar/spice rubbed pork loin 10 pounds tonight to add to all meals for the week. Eat by itself, sliced pork sandwiches, pork fried rice, pork spaghetti...
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Breakfasts: Protein smoothies and homemade apple breakfast bars.

Lunches: Quinoa and Black Bean Salad with side of cheese and crunchy vegetables

Snacks: Chia Seed Puddings or Peanut Butter Yogurt with apple slices

Dinners: Whole Wheat Pasta with Turkey in Veggie & Tomato Sauce (Mon & Tue), Tilapia with Roasted Potatoes (Wed), Chicken Burgers with Edamame (Thurs), Chili (Friday)

Of course, a lot of the dinners I made on the weekend and froze, so those might change if my mood changes. I've got lots of things I can defrost and heat up. Busy every night this week, so no time to actually cook from scratch at dinner time.
  • twistedingenue
    twistedingenue Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: sweet curry chicken and sweet potato hash w/apples and onions.
    Lunch: Steak bites with roasted sweet potato and carrots.
    Snacks: Siggi's skyr and either a power crunch bar or kettle popcorn (depending on if it is a gym day or not)

Dinner is less planned and varies
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Some yummy options in this thread already! My meals for this week (gluten free):

Breakfast - oatmeal pancakes with peanut butter and jelly on top; turkey sausage; hot tea (no advanced meal prep)
    Lunch - big spinach salad with ham, apple, blueberries, sweet peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and feta (no advanced meal prep); hard boiled egg; a few sweet pickles; 1/4 cup saurkraut; ham, spinach and onion crustless quiche (made enough for Mon - Thurs)
    Dinner - cauliflower tomato bisque; asparagus with a poached egg; carmelized onion meatballs; baked acorn squash with sugar for dessert (made enough of everything for Mon - Thurs; just have to prep the poached egg every night)
    Evening snack - 4x frozen peanut butter and protein shake in mini muffin tins (made enough for Mon - Wed)

That's most of my week!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    My daughter's home this week so she did the planning and prepping. WooHoo to a week off.
  • skinnycow1234567
    skinnycow1234567 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    We cook extra at dinner and i pack my meals for the next day..Thank God its warming up and i can bbq.
  • coolfry
    coolfry Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal packs for breakfast. I made Black Beans, Cajun Shrimp, & a Boiled egg for my main meal. I often have toast when I get home from work and snacks are all storebought