Fitness classes

Options
2»

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    it depends entirely on what you like to do

I personally teach a trampoline fitness class that i think is pretty fun. There's also LES MILLS which i hear great things about.

i personally hate spinning, zumba, etc.
  • Mewlingstork
    Mewlingstork Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My Y has a class called Muscle Definition, similar to BodyPump, but I like it much better. I also do OrangeTheory twice a week, super great workout, but pretty expensive. I've just started doing the group exercise classes this year; I love having someone tell me the workout, without me having to keep track of reps/exercises. I know some people love that part of a workout, but not me! I agree with the comment above about trying out a bunch of different classes/instructors and finding one you like! I think it makes all the difference!
  • jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I do Insanity because I can do it at home, it's only 35-45 minutes so I can easily fit it into my schedule and the results are amazing! I have never become leaner faster than doing Insanity, it burns off body fat super quickly and replaces it with lean muscle. and you can stream it for free online :)
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I love TRX and Les Mills. But it all depends of course what you consider fun.
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    croftie4 wrote: »
    I love Spin, it's a killer but works. .

How so?

My leisure centre has a huge array of classes that I want to start trying out to find what i like. They're all included in my membership anyway.

There is a spinning class tonight - i'm really curious about spinning, but it also really scares me!
    I'm neither fit not healthy, and I get the impression most people who go there have already either lost a lot of weight and have gained fitness before moving on to spinning. Is this true?

If I go I am aware I will be the fat kid at the back of the class, but if I don't try new things then I don't think I'll get far changing my body either.

Any experiences from first time spinners?

Also classes called 'legs, bums, tums' which i have no idea what it is. If you do, please enlighten me! Not sure if aerobic or resistance or what.

Might give zumba a go some day too...
  • LazyButHealthy
    Options
    So i went to my first Spin class tonight. Wasn't bad.
    Everyone was very welcoming to the first-timers, my legs were pretty weak and it was tough going, but not as bad as I feared

Even contemplating returning!
  • needstobefit15
    needstobefit15 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have been doing body pump I do it 3 times a week. I want to try spin class.
  • LazyButHealthy
    edited April 2017
    Options
    What's body pump like? It's on in my leisure centre, but I don't know what it is?

Anoyed last friday that I couldn't make my first Yoga class as I was stuck at work. They're included in membership if I show up, but I must pay extra if I miss it.

Tonight trying my first Zumba class. Wednesday my first Aquafit class.

All about the firsts!

Including tomorrow morning the first time ever getting up at 6am to try a 6.30 gym session with the boy (not a euphamism!!) to see if we can manage morning work-outs on the week he does long shifts.