New girl in town does this work

Options
So new to this group....Facebook friend recommended. I am 50 and live in Ohio. Have had a diagnosis of neuropathy....legs are really hurting worse. I put on about 100 pounds when given a prescription. Off the script and nothing seems to be working. Dr now says I have something blocking vitamins from being absorbed and that my liver now is creating inflammation throughout my body! Wanted me to keep a food diary for 30 days and increase vitamin D pill. So I am. Not able to do much exercise with legs the way they are. Hard to walk most days. But looking for encouragement. I do beleive losing weight would be a big factor in my leg pain. NEVER was overweight in my life! Would love to be a size 9 again instead of a size 22! Loving hubby says 'more to love' but that doens't help

Replies

• 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Yes, it really works.
    I am 65. Started 1/1/17. Have lost 29.5 pounds (weigh in tomorrow, hoping to hit 30).
    Logging everything I eat and drink, and being as accurate as possible, and moving more.
    You can absolutely do this!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It has worked for me. Definitely check out the helpful posts posted above. Once you figure it out MFP can be a very valuable tool.
  • scarletevie
    scarletevie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm scarlet from Nottinghamshire England.
    Been struggling with my weight for over 10 years. I put 8 stone on, in two years due to suffering with postnatal depression / unhappy relationship. I started comfort eating big time! Over the years I've lost a few stones then put them back on again. Started using this app, lost 1st 11 so far. Although this is the second time of doing it!
    I have a heart problem, I heart is out of rhythm AF
    And also beats fast. So energetic exercises are out of the question. Although I have started walking, on flat ground.
    Need friends that can encourage me to stay on track. I find helping other also helps me stay positive.
    It's not easy!