How Long Did It Take You to Lose 10lbs?

Options

Replies

• Misskcm
    Misskcm Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 15 pounds the past 3 weeks. But I've also cut gluten, sugary foods, fast food, and all drinks except for water and unsweetened tea out of my diet completely, exercise 6 days a week, and eat about 1000 calories a day. And I started at 206 pounds, so I was considered borderline obese at the start.
    Just look at all the factors. And it may take some work but figure out what works for you.
  • Rajions
    Rajions Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It took me two weeks to lose 10 pounds. Then again, I have been doing Insanity. I went from 239 to 228 in two weeks. Still have another two weeks until my first month is through.
  • strifechick
    strifechick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I lost 2lbs like right away then gained 5 back but after about 3 1/2weeks total I ended up losing about 10lbs below what I started at.

In the last week and a half I have been just gaining and losing the same 2lbs over and over again which had been frustrating. I would like it just to make up its mind. I haven't made any progress since April started b
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    When I first started losing three years ago, it took me about 2 to 3 weeks to lose 10 lbs. My start weight was 241 at the time.
    Last year I did another cut, and that time it took me about 3 months to lose 10. I was around 170 lbs at that point. Probably start losing again soon as I have another 20 or so to go.
  • antdelsa
    antdelsa Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Its a marathon not a sprint so keep in mind as long as you stay consistent in eating right and exercising the weight loss will come, its different for everyone so don't get discouraged, enjoy the journey and embrace the fact that you're making positive changes that impact your longevity and life, accept that mistakes will be made and take these first few months to really get to know your body and how you respond to everything. See advice being given as a base, a place to start and experiment to see what works and what doesn't. Make adjustments to benefit you and your goals its a fun journey enjoy it
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9, and it's been 2 months.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I've lost 11 in about 7 weeks. I have not cut anything out my diet to achieve this...just stuck to my deficit and do an hour on my exercise bike 5-6days/wk
  • vpblanda1126
    vpblanda1126 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost 5lbs and it's been about 2 weeks. I think any progress is great and just remember to stay confident!
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I figure on about 5 months for every 10 pounds.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    First 10, about 3 weeks. Last 10, it's gonna take me 3 months or more, lol
  • JacobNicolaus
    JacobNicolaus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    6 weeks for me. Then again, it depends on the starting weight and how much calorie deficit you are willing to create.
  • JennyAnne101
    JennyAnne101 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    first 3 weeks approx for me
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Since January, I still haven't reached 10lbs, I've lost 7lbs, and I need to lose about 50-60lbs. But I've lost 2 inches off of everywhere, and I can squat 40Kgs so, the number on the scale doesn't mean you failed. *hugs* Keep going.
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 months but I Dont think all of that was fat. Definitely a lot of water weight was lost because I cut out salt but the weird thing is that it actually shows. It reduces puffiness, at least it did from me. And before the health policy step in, I do eat sewaeed and veggies that are high in sodium and my blood tests are perfect
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have only lost about 6 pounds since the beginning of February. But I am taking it slow (set on half pound per week). I have about 20-25 more to go. A few years ago when I was a lot heavier than I am now, it took me about a month in a half to lose 10 pounds.
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I had Thyroidectomy 6 months ago and my weight will not budge and I workout everyday and track everything like a crazy person. Doomed
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It took me about a month to lose the first 10 but a lot of that was water weight. Now it takes more like 3 months to lose 10 lbs.
  • maurihart
    maurihart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10-11 and it's taken 3.5 months.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly, I lost the first ten in about 3 weeks. Then lost the other 20+ in about 3 months.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    In 2014 when I lost 50 in ~9 months, the first 10 took about 6 weeks. Then I regained 10-12 in 2016, and took it off Jan-Mar of this year. So the 'last' time, it took about 10 weeks to lose 10 pounds.

Your current stats, and activity level, matter in determining what you can lose per week on average. Originally when I was 50 overweight, I could burn 2300-2500 per day and lose 1.5 pounds per week. Now I burn 1900-2100, as I'm in a smaller body, and so a 500 deficit is doable but not more.