Back after a few years and babies...

Options
Have gained lots of weight!

I had put on weight before having my first baby, gained during pregnancy, gained during 2nd pregnancy and had become the biggest I've ever been.

I've now been back a couple of weeks and I'm feeling quite good, quite focused and am back losing again.

Could use some new friends. Particularly the following:

-Other mummy's trying to lose weight
- others looking to lose over 100lbs
- Others who previously reached target and relapsed like me :-(

- but really anyone!

Replies

• sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Oh - also I'm from Scotland.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm an anyone with an ancestor who married a Scottish lass.
  • ShelleyD81
    ShelleyD81 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi, my story is pretty much the same as yours only I lost weight in pregnancy and gained it all back after I had the babies (I blame all the sleepless nights making it impossible to focus on making healthy meals and just picking the easiest option, the take away menu!) I recently tried slimming world, I lost 2 stone but found the diet just wasn't for me and Mfp and the Fitbit is where I've had the most success so I'm back!
    I'll send a friend request!
    Ps. My husband works in Scotland and I've spent lots of time there, it's a lovely place. I'm based in the north west of England x
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My story follows a similar path. I had a two miscarriages, gained about 40 lbs, got pregnant again, lost some weight due to morning sickness, etc, gained the weight back after baby was born and repeat for baby #2.

When baby #2 was 9 months I got my butt in gear and lost those 40 lbs. I was running, eating well, etc. Then I got sick myself and had severe pain in my feet. I stopped running and started my bad eating habits over again. Over the last 4 years i've gained the 40 back again. I felt like such a failure for a long time!

Right now I'm focusing on eating well. I walk on the computer station treadmill at work so I get some movement in every day but I'm not back to running yet. I'll get there one day but I'm taking it slow. One step at a time!

I'm sending you a friend request :)
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'll look out for it.

It's hard to admit that I've gained back all the weight I lost. I've just read my own "success story" thread on here - that's depressing.

Just have to think of this as the start of a new journey! Take it one day at a time. X
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i have a similar story...but 1 kid...still a yo-yo! i'll FR you!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I know these feels.