Military gfs/spouses?

Options
Just wondering if there's anyone else on here trying to lose a bunch of weight before their military man comes home...like me. And no, I'm not doing it because he asked me to (because he didn't), I'm doing it so that when he comes home I'll actually be able to go out running with him, or hiking with him, or whatever! He's a very outdoorsy type guy and right now if I even try running more than 50ft I keel over gasping for air...and he runs 3 miles every morning...

So does anyone else know where I'm coming from?? I'd really love some support...

I'm Lindsey btw!! Check out my profile for more info on me! :)

Replies

• bahrainbel_2
    Options
    Technically my military boyfriend has a wife too, I wonder if she is trying to lose weight for him, just like me :-/
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Mine just got back from Iraq. I lost about 20 pounds and now have lost 24 and counting. Good luck, I know the feeling.
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    farfalledibaciodinotte Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Technically my military boyfriend has a wife too, I wonder if she is trying to lose weight for him, just like me :-/

As a military wife all I can say is YIKES.... are they separated? or are you just his new girl? lol

anyway... good luck on the weight loss!!!
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Really? Wow speechless.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options

As a military wife all I can say is YIKES.... are they separated? or are you just his new girl? lol

anyway... good luck on the weight loss!!!

Glad you said it, because I was thinking it! Like REALLY?!
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    lindsey_mickeyd Posts: 101 Member
    Options

*cough*
    Yeah um...I'm not gonna touch that one...but um...here's wishing you good luck with your weight loss!!
    Mine just got back from Iraq. I lost about 20 pounds and now have lost 24 and counting. Good luck, I know the feeling.

Wow that's awesome!! I bet you're totally psyched to have him home!! ^_^ I SOOOO can't wait for mine to come home!!!! And thanks! Good luck to you too!! :)
  • balowry1
    balowry1 Posts: 85
    Options
    My current husband says he likes me however I choose to look. He's been in the military for 16+ years, and will retire when he reaches 20. He doesn't do much PT, being in the Navy. I, on the other hand, did PT 5 days a week when I was in the Army. When I got pregnant, I gained weight, and then increased more weight with each pregnancy. I've had four children, my youngest being 17 months old today. So, now that I am done having babies, and am married to my second husband, I want to lose weight for my health and for my youngest son. he is only one that lives with me and my husband. My oldest son lives with his father, my ex-husband, and my daughter lives with my uncle. My youngest child is the product of me and my current husband. My husband thinks I need surgery to remove all this excess skin I have, so I'm trying to lose as much weight as I can and firm up the best that I can before he retires so that our insurance will cover the weight lose surgery, if needed. Mainly, I'm losing weight for myself, but it will bean added bonus for my husband.
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    My current husband says he likes me however I choose to look. He's been in the military for 16+ years, and will retire when he reaches 20. He doesn't do much PT, being in the Navy. I, on the other hand, did PT 5 days a week when I was in the Army. When I got pregnant, I gained weight, and then increased more weight with each pregnancy. I've had four children, my youngest being 17 months old today. So, now that I am done having babies, and am married to my second husband, I want to lose weight for my health and for my youngest son. he is only one that lives with me and my husband. My oldest son lives with his father, my ex-husband, and my daughter lives with my uncle. My youngest child is the product of me and my current husband. My husband thinks I need surgery to remove all this excess skin I have, so I'm trying to lose as much weight as I can and firm up the best that I can before he retires so that our insurance will cover the weight lose surgery, if needed. Mainly, I'm losing weight for myself, but it will bean added bonus for my husband.

Wow that's quite the story!! 4 kids!!! I'm one of three, none myself yet though! Happy 17 month bday to the little one! ^_^ Much luck to you and your family situation as well as your weight loss!! :)
  • DivineSensation
    DivineSensation Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I feel you on trying to keep up with him. My hubby is in the army. I used to tell him to take me to the gym with him, but I KNOW darn well that I can't keep up with him at all. Me........runnin. HAHA, yeah right. But know since I have been exercising, I have been having fun. I have a year to get it together before he gets back from deployment. Hopefully when he gets back, then I will be able to RUN with him around the neighborhood. I'm here for you for you encouragement/support. I wish you the best of luck on this journey. I know that you ca do it.
  • TCrawford70
    TCrawford70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My husband just left two weeks ago for Iraq, he's Army NationalGuard. I told him I wanted to be a goddess:smile: for him when he comes back in a year, he told me I already was his goddess. Anyway, I rewally am doing this for me but he is a great husband who loves me the way I am and I just want to look good for him. We have two kids and as to the gf who's got a man that's married, I hope he doesn't have any children with his wife. If they do I feel sorry for those kids and I hope you can live with yourself.
  • mamafrederick
    Options
    My hubby is in Afghanistan :( I'm def trying to lose ALL my baby weight I had before he left so I Can surprise him when he gets home!! :) I've lost a total of 50lbs since I had our daughter ( I gained A LOT with her, lol) 30 of which I've lost since he's left!!! I need to lose another 20 to back to what I was before I got pregnant with her, but I want to lose 40 more TOTAL, to get back to where I was before I had BOTH our children lol. I'm usually 120s, so that's where i'm wanting to be!! He comes home on leave in Oct, I know I wont lose 40 by then, but i'm hoping by April of 2012 when he returns, i'll of lost it!! :)
  • lindsey_mickeyd
    Options
    OMGOSH EVERYONE!!!!! He called me today!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^ I swear every time I get to talk to him I feel like I'm floating on a cloud!!! :)
  • TCrawford70
    TCrawford70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I always look forward to those calls also. It just brightens up your day. My husband asked me to send him lots of febreeze!lol Poor guys.:ohwell: