Anyone like me on here?

I'm almost 30, desk job, no kids, drive to work because the public transit sucks...basically no need to move around at all so any exercise I get needs to be a self-motivated conscious decision.

I'm 5'3" plus, 135 pounds, hoping to lose about 25 pounds. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Replies

• Hey Meg. We share similarities in our daily life. One difference is I have a 6mo little boy. He's my motivation. I'm 6"2 and down 35 pounds, halfway to my goal! I have no outside motivation besides him and he's not all that encouraging lol
  • YadiraYve
    YadiraYve Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2017
    Me! Only difference is I stand all day, sometimes rarely having time to move from my spot.
    I'm 5'4, 134lbs, and also looking to lose ~25 lbs.
  • YadiraYve
    YadiraYve Posts: 2 Member
    Being closer to 30 than 21, it's a LOT more difficult to lose weight, which is a confidence killer since I'd always been thin up until 4 years ago.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    36 years old. Lost 80 pounds since last Aug. Dont let that be an excuse to simply needing to eat less and move more. 30 is not 85 years old.
  • meg314159
    meg314159 Posts: 10 Member
    YadiraYve wrote: »
    Being closer to 30 than 21, it's a LOT more difficult to lose weight, which is a confidence killer since I'd always been thin up until 4 years ago.

Argh, I relate to this SO much! I never thought weight would be an issue for me...even when I first gained weight when I was about 25, I joined a site like this one and dropped it in a couple months no problem. But now over the last six months to a year, my weight has just felt like it's out of control! My body just wants to hang on to all that pasta and pizza I was so used to eating
  • meg314159
    Hey Meg. We share similarities in our daily life. One difference is I have a 6mo little boy. He's my motivation. I'm 6"2 and down 35 pounds, halfway to my goal! I have no outside motivation besides him and he's not all that encouraging lol

lol, too hilarious. I'm sure he'll keep you in excellent shape once he starts walking (and running!)
  • meg314159
    jdog022 wrote: »
    36 years old. Lost 80 pounds since last Aug. Dont let that be an excuse to simply needing to eat less and move more. 30 is not 85 years old.

Congrats on your awesome weight loss! I'm definitely trying to cut down on my calories while increasing the nutritional value of the foods in my diet. Incorporating exercise is also a priority for me since my day-to-day life doesn't naturally lead me to be very active.
  • Msftz
    Msftz Posts: 13 Member
    meg314159 wrote: »
    jdog022 wrote: »

Congrats on your awesome weight loss! I'm definitely trying to cut down on my calories while increasing the nutritional value of the foods in my diet. Incorporating exercise is also a priority for me since my day-to-day life doesn't naturally lead me to be very active.

This is kind of "geeky" in a way and you may get strange looks, but sometimes making everyday tasks a work-out. You said you have a desk job, ive heard of some people using an exercise ball instead of a chair. Maybe you can use your desk to do stand-up push-ups (sometimes i do that with the kitchen island), and during bathroom breaks sneak in 10-15 squats.