1,200 calories and losing more than 1 pound a week. Is this

Options
So I started using myfitnesspal 16 days ago. I weighed around 127.5 pounds (i am 5'2) now, slightly over two weeks later, I am at 122 even. I have been keeping at 1,200 calories (eating more while exercising) so I am confused about this rapid weight loss. is this water weight? i am concerned I am just going to gain this weight back since I lost it quickly. I also do not want to lose muscle I have recently gained. anyone?

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    A) I would STRONGLY caution you on your goals. You're not big at all. Second, when you're goal is very small (and I'm hoping it is) you dont need to try to lose more than .5lb/week. Your cals definitely shouldn't be at 1200.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    water for the first 2 weeks,and then moves on to fat :)
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    A healthy weight loss is 1-2lbs a week..In addition, you aren't too much off the mock in 2 weeks you could lose 4 lbs. you are only 1.5 pounds off which isn't bad at all. .You initially probably did lose some fluid in the first week. Seeing that you are already small you may have started losing fat. To assure yourself of not losing muscle you may want to incorporate some strength training to your exercise program. keep up the good work you are doing great!
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You generally lose weight much faster the first two weeks then it sort of settles down to a smaller but consistent number. I lost three lbs. the first week and two the second. Since then it has been about a lb. a week or just slightly over.
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    A) I would STRONGLY caution you on your goals. You're not big at all. Second, when you're goal is very small (and I'm hoping it is) you dont need to try to lose more than .5lb/week. Your cals definitely shouldn't be at 1200.

I left that part out about the calories...you should be at a higher calorie intake.
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

I can understand the goals. I am 5'3' and my healthiest weight has been 120 lbs.
  • mbag97
    mbag97 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for your replies guys! it's very helpful. What do you guys suggest my caloric intake should be? My goals are certainly small, I don't have a set weight I want to achieve but I would like to lose a few more pounds but tone up and gain muscle.