Can Anyone Help Me?

Options
pjn42
pjn42 Posts: 6 Member
Hello everyone.

I'm looking for like-minded Fitness Friends to share their journey with me as I'm about to begin Day One and having people to talk to/moan to/congratulate/support would really help me to stay with it.

So if you wouldn't mind adding me PLEASE do.

So, I'm Paul from Brighton, England. I'm ideally going to try to lose 20kg/44lbs but haven't really set a time goal. I don't want to do a crash diet, only unhappiness can come from that, but on the other hand, I don't want it to take forever either, so I guess I'll be tweaking and making rules as I go along.

I'd really love to hear your stories too, whether you're just starting like me, or you're already a way along on the road, it's all really helpful.

Hopefully speak soon

Replies

• ransaka
    ransaka Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey dude!
    I'm also in the (currently) sunny town of Brighton. I'd suggest you set a time goal for your weight loss as it'll help motivate you along the way, just make sure it's realistic. If you haven't already then I'd highly recommend reading this thread:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    It's very useful and should help a lot in setting realistic goals.
    It's a marathon rather than a sprint and it can be a bumpy road, settle in for the long haul and enjoy!
  • pjn42
    pjn42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks mate that's just what I need
  • Drea0405
    Drea0405 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! I completely agree with ransaka, realistic goals will make this a better journey for you. This journey is not going to be perfect and the one thing you will have to remember is that you MUST be patient with yourself and know that you are WORTH all the work you are putting in. No one is perfect. I wish you the very best!!
  • NicciCoyi
    NicciCoyi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon from sunny Essex. I have only recently started and my inspiration is my friend who has recently lost 3 stone on this plan. Good luck!
  • Feelx956
    Feelx956 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello I just started the ketogenic diet 2 weeks ago and so far seeing good results. It's not a fad diet it's a way of eating AKA lifestyle change. Even if that not for you Im looking for friends that can keep each other motivated and accountable.
  • nat1cat
    nat1cat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon. I'm starting back up again and need some company, as well. Based in Germany. I did this before but then got stressed out and gained a bunch back. :blush:
  • svornov
    svornov Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    tacha956 wrote: »
    Hello I just started the ketogenic diet 2 weeks ago and so far seeing good results. It's not a fad diet it's a way of eating AKA lifestyle change. Even if that not for you Im looking for friends that can keep each other motivated and accountable.

I'd talk to my doctor before starting a ketogenic diet.

Personally, I went from 240 lbs to 165 lbs over a period of two years by restricting BUT NOT ELIMINATING CARBOHYDRATES, watching but not obsessing over calories, exercising, and getting to bed early. Staying up late meant snacking. I also consulted an endocrinologist as I was a 59 year old diabetic at the time. I'm now almost 63.

Best to you. This is a marathon and not a sprint.