Let's be friends? 190 back to 230 pounds

Options
Hey there! My name is Jordan, I am ~5'3" and I am 21. Lately, I've lost all motivation to lose weight... story of our lives! A little over a year ago I was down to 190 but recently I've jumped back up to 230!...

I'm tired of feeling upset and stuck! Today I was beating myself up so bad. I do Zumba on mondays and Wednesday and TRY to walk 30 minutes in the morning.

I would like to start using this app more but lack the friends and motivators to really get on it every day. So maybe we could be friends and motivate each other? Seeing other track their activity will hopefully be what I need!

Replies

• kenziberry
    kenziberry Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi Jordan! You have come to the right place. Friend request sent :)
  • musicismylife2013
    musicismylife2013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @kenziberry thank you so much!
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi Jordan! I am stuck around 219 and have been for many months! I haven't been below 200 since I was 14 :o Hoping to get there this summer. Friending you :)
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on the numbers, but changing habits.
    BTW are you a musician?
  • musicismylife2013
    Options
    @Mary_Anastasia thank you so much! Yes I worked so hard for about a year to get to 190 which I haven't seen since I was probably in 6th grade, I've always been that chubby kid haha. That's great you are there! I hope to see that number soon as well! Mines slowly creeping up.

@2011rocket3touring I used to think I was "playing" all these instruments haha, but I mainly just enjoy singing. I try to change my habits for the most part, like today I drank 8 8oz cups of water! But it's really hard not to focus on the number, even though that's all it is. I'll wake up and weight myself most days and if I don't and I wanted to that day then I will just obsess over what my weight could be.
  • likenbooks
    likenbooks Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We can all use the motivation and motivate others. So many times I've used this app to only stop using it after 2-3 days. I recently restarted (April 1st) and am on an 11 day streak. Each day I learn more and more and it's what I need for motivation. I have a ton of weight to lose so we're all here for the same reason. I sent you a friend request.
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I too just got back on track after slipping..well pretty much binging for a year. I'm trying everyday to say enough is enough and I need to smarten up as time will go on and I don't want to be another 30 or 60 lbs heavier next year. I'll try to push you like I do myself. I'm simply trying to stick with it day by day. Completed my first week and had a great loss! Sending friend request:)
  • bob_mck
    bob_mck Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey Jordan feel free to add me
  • musicismylife2013
    Options
    @bob_mck added!
    @likenbooks great streak! Keep it up!!
    @joone_9 I try to keep with it too. If I got back to my original weight which I'm 15 pounds from I will be very upset and angry with myself. I need to start working harder!
  • melodydee66
    melodydee66 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi Jordan,

Please feel free to add me. I know what it's like to feel stuck. I'm feeling a little stuck now at 185 lbs. I've lost a lot in the last year, but I'm feeling unmotivated now. I'm really trying to immerse myself here on MFP to see if that can inspire me to get back on track.
  • musicismylife2013
    Options
    @31shines oh wow! I honestly haven't been to the doctor to check up on my health but that could also be a scary possibility for me as well. Keep up the great work tho! Wow!! Added you!

@melodydee66 I have just added you! I hope this app works for me

• garnetgold
    garnetgold Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I understand that. I deleted app in November and put on 40#. I'm super pissed. Def add me I can use all the support I can get
  • andreatait4
    andreatait4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI Jordan
    I started 2017 at 240 lbs - I'm now at 206 and determined to be out of the "terrible twos" soon. I've lost weight and regained it since my 20s and I've learned a few things. Maybe I can help, I have sent a friend request
  • lenhill04
    lenhill04 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I started in January at 280. Down to 249 as of a week or so ago (haven't checked in a while) Hope to get down to 160-175 range. Add me if you want :-)
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Lets do this Jordan. Friend me. And you can do it Girl.....you did it once. You got this!!!!

I do Zumba on Weds and Saturday....love it!!!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send request ☺
  • BriannaBelle85
    BriannaBelle85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like. I am in the same boat.... lingering at the same weight for about a year. I'll get motivated and lose some...then gain it back... over and over.
  • NickDoesFitness
    NickDoesFitness Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new fitness family! :smiley:
  • Working_Hard4me
    Working_Hard4me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi Jordan!
    I have been on & off MFP over the years always thinking the amount of weight I wanted to loose was so far out to reach. I always wanted a quick solution and gave up easily. Back in February I got news from doctor that I have developed PCOS & pre-diabetic. I was at my highest weight 282.2 One week later I lost 5 lbs. Then I re-downloaded MFP and have been so happy that I did. As of now I 32 lbs down at 249.6lbs. Without the support here I do not think Inwould have made it this far. Feel free to add me, no such thing as too much motivation
  • lauhil
    lauhil Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me