Any IT Workers?

SisypheanWorkout
SisypheanWorkout Posts: 105 Member
It's a slower day and nothing else on social media is entertaining me.

I watched a non-IT coworker have her desktop freeze up and before I could say anything she said out loud that she'd just reboot, which worked for me. She then proceeds to turn her monitor off for a second and back on again and then look absolutely perplexed when the machine was exactly how she'd left it. Maybe I'm a bad person but, I watched her do this a couple times before I stepped in. It was my laugh for the day.

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    That is our code: i-D-10-t
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Gots plenty of users like this.

Ever tried telling the user to press 'any' key and they try to find the 'any' key on their keyboard..lol
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Meanies
  • SisypheanWorkout
    dc8066 wrote: »
    Meanies

Have to make your own entertainment when you can.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    I understand, I like entertainment too. People do funny and silly things all the time
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    netdowns.jpg
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    I'm no where near computer savy but even I know you have to turn the whole thing off. That's why I bring my IT guy goodies, so when I have a problem, he's there. Be nice to the IT guy!!!!!
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    PEBKAC
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    ToMjGpPDRe3cSYKO8Du.gif
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm no where near computer savy but even I know you have to turn the whole thing off. That's why I bring my IT guy goodies, so when I have a problem, he's there. Be nice to the IT guy!!!!!

I wish everyone thought like this. When things are running fine we (IT) get treated like the step children. But once something breaks, they are blowing up our phones and talking *kitten* about us when we don't fix it in 5 mins.
  • SisypheanWorkout

I wish everyone thought like this. When things are running fine we (IT) get treated like the step children. But once something breaks, they are blowing up our phones and talking *kitten* about us when we don't fix it in 5 mins.

Yep. You couldn't be more dead on.
  • IndySue13
    IndySue13 Posts: 22 Member
    Still love the calls saying they are getting a black screen and no response to any commands, only to find out their power strip is turned off.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Another thing I love is when they say "it doesn't work." Ok what's not working? Is there an error message? We're IT people, not mind readers.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited April 2017
    I've been in IT and telecommunications since 1984...this is still one of my favorites:

g0rdow9s1bgm.gif

And this:

7o868sp49aic.png
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    I'm not an IT worker.. but I once had to have a look at my bosses computer cause it wasn't working!
    Well turns out she forgot to turn it on....

I run a side business, and got a call saying the computer was broke and it wouldn't turn on. I tried to analyze it over the phone asking her to turn it off and power back up to reboot, which she confirms she had done several times. So I leave my regular job (early lunch to drive 15 miles one way). I get to the store to find out she was turning the monitor on and off. The computer wasn't even turned on.

Some people are just not technical, but she does great at what we pay her to do!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    fatguy3382 wrote: »

Yep. You couldn't be more dead on.

This is 100% true. Or they act like you are supposed to drop everything that you are doing and focus on their issue right away.