Hi I'm new :o)

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site, I originally joined in march but I've only been using it properly for the last week and I love it already! I had a bit of a slip up last night but I'm back on track again, I'm determined that one bad night won't turn into a bad week because that's life isn't it?

I got to my goal weight last year in July after following the Weight Watchers plan, I'm 5'7" and I got down to about 138lbs which I was happy with. I didn't maintain this and subsequently I've put 21lbs back on. I'm determined to shift this weight again, I'm tired of squeezing into my clothes that used to fit so nicely and I don't want to buy new ones!

So I'm here to make some new friends to share this experience with and hopefully offer some support on the way. I was having a look at the success stories page and the achievements on there are so inspiring, so much so that I've taken a picture of what I look like today and I'll be posting my 'after' pics in a few months time (my pic is of me and my boyfriend at the Bizarre Ball in Manchester last October and I was about 150lbs there, I had some help from body sculpting underwear lol).

Whitey xx

Replies

• Candy42adore
    Candy42adore Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You can add me! It is such a challenge to take this weight off an then to maintain, I have heard is not as easy as well. You did this once you can do it again!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi and Welcome!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • zumbacarla
    Options
    Hey Whitey!
    I'm new too! Just discovered this site from adding the iphone app! I am blown away how brilliant it is! Talk about motivating, what a way to keep you on track!!!! I'm a Zumba Instructor, so I am very active, I look reasonably healthy, I just want to look super fit, so my students can look at me as being an inspiration!
    Well, done on your initial weight loss thats fantastic, it shows we really can do anything we want to achieve if we are committed sometimes we fall off the wagon, and just need some encouragement to get back on track!
    I would love to add you as a fitness pal...not sure how you do that....just finding my way around the site!

Good luck with your goals....keep updating to see how you are doing!

Carla (zumbacarla)
  • Julezebub
    Julezebub Posts: 106
    Options
    Hello and welcome
    I read that as Whitney first haha! I'm 5' 7 too and 150lb at the mo. I'm not far off my goal wieght at that though. The goal has changed a bit but its currently 147lb or 10.5 stone. maybe I have a bigger frame than you. Anyways good luck! Feel free to add me.
  • Julezebub
    Julezebub Posts: 106
    Options

I would love to add you as a fitness pal...not sure how you do that....just finding my way around the site!

Zumba Carla I want a fit zumba coach as inspiration haha! I go to a lot of classes but can only do zumba in the privacy of my own home on the wii at the mo due to lack of rythm haha!
  • d1turner
    d1turner Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there, I am new too! I joined about 2 days ago and have been finding MFP very helpful. I have a very similar story to you. I have peeled the weight off before, with weight watchers and working out at a great gym. My profile picture is me only about 3 pounds away from my goal on New Year's. Sadly to say, I am now 12 pounds heavier than I was in that picture. I slipped and I kept on going. Now I am back to keep it off for good! Feel free to add me. I learned about this site from the manager of my gym and have been enjoying it!
  • MetalEllie
    MetalEllie Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks everyone! What a fantastic welcome, I feel at home already :o)