Journey pic start point-blank Thoughts?

Options
I have seen a lot of people post pics of their body's at the start of their weight loss to current. I realized how disconnected I am with my body so thought this might be good. But I am really scared of really seeing my self especially at the beginning. Have you done this? Did it help or hinder you?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Nope, I wish I had. I avoided being in a photo at all costs. I founds snippets of my old fat self, because I am mostly hiding behind others.

Take pics of yourself, you will be happy you did. Nothing like a pic to see how well you've done.
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I didn't take photos at the start as well. If I could start again I would take the photos and keep them till I was ready to show the 'before and after'.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I stopped taking before pics because it was counter productive for me mentally. I have tons of before pics, and no true "after" pic.

So... when I hit the "after" I will dig up an old photo for comparison. Otherwise old fat me can just as easily be forgotten as far as I'm concerned :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I had photos taken but refused to look at them.... I had photos taken monthly, and only looked (at all of them in comparison) after 2 months...
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I've never been consistent with taking pics. I usually take a before pic, but I've never taken one along the way; I always plan to wait until I reach my end goal. However, I am getting back on track and definitely plan to at least take monthly pics. I have really been inspired by all the pics people post on here and love seeing the progress, it's so motivational for me!
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Update.... Well I took some pics. It was an eye opener. I really had no clue. I look way different with layers on lol. When I first looked at them I was very discouraged and started to berate myself. But now I am going to look at them for motivation. This is definitely not for everyone but I needed the truth for myself and not believe the lie that I'm not that out of shape.

I believe taking pictures are very important, it keeps you motivated and your less likely to fall of the wagon. Well done!
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I just took a bunch of before pictures - it was actually kind of fun doing weight-lifter poses. But you're right, there is a disconnect between how you think you look and being forced to see it.

But things I learned - I got the booty!

ab773545cf89af46e7a7d672ecb9ca768872.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Take the photo. You don't have to post it or even look at it right now, but you'll appreciate it later.
  • scgfitlife
    scgfitlife Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Seeing myself in a photo was my reason for change.. I never thought I looked the way I did! I appreciate them now, do it!
  • robertmusser
    robertmusser Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nope, I wish I had. I avoided being in a photo at all costs. I founds snippets of my old fat self, because I am mostly hiding behind others.

Take pics of yourself, you will be happy you did. Nothing like a pic to see how well you've done.

I'm in the same boat. For the last five years I've avoided pics of myself. The only ones I'm in are of me hiding behind my kids and I have to convince myself to do that so they will have some pics with me in them years down the road. So I've started this journey to not only be in pics with them but do everything I can to be healthier and with them in the future.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I didn't even think to do it. It would have been interesting to look back and compare.