PVC's

Options
K so I have PVC's... Before you ask what that is, heres a link...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/premature-ventricular-contractions/DS00949

K so... I am wanting to know if there is anyone else on here that may deal with this issue. I am doing my best to drop the weight but these lil suckers are getting in my way. They happen whenever they feel like happening but most times, by the time they run an EKG they have skeedaddled and it comes back normal. Such was teh case on Monday when I had to go get myself checked out cuz the PVC's were on overdrive during class adn I was clutching my chest. I am hoping someone can tell me how they handle these because although I was dx'd with them, I currently do not have the available funds to go visit the pricey dr again. So anyone, help me out if you can, or if you are familiar with it then help, or any sage advice is appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Oh how I can relate. I have PVC's daily and there are times when I can have 40 of them within a minute. I went through all sorts of heart tests to make sure they weren't being thrown by an underlying condition and thankfully my heart is healthy...just these super annoying PVC's that at times make me short of breath.

Feel free to friend me. I'd love the support of a weight loss buddy that can relate to the heart stuff too.

Cindy
  • mita2161
    mita2161 Posts: 20
    Options
    Im so happy to see that im not the only one here with pvcs. I had all the tests run ekg, holter monitor. It came back with pvc and sinus tachycardia (fast heartbeat). I know mine started with perimenopause and had kept going with hysterectomy. 40 a minute? wow. Ive been sitting here getting ready to go ride my bike but the pvcs are bugging me. Its comforting to know that im not the only ones here dealing with this.
  • 2larvae
    2larvae Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's nice to find others that know how you feel, though I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I started having LOTS of PVCs years ago, and I have a couple of other freaky little beats every so often. I've had the 30-40 a minute, and it is exhausting. I gave up running, because I was ending up in a panic. So I'm beginning to exercise again (some circuit training), and I'm very aware of my ticker being a little finicky some days. I'd love to know what your experiences are, and what things have worked to make the PVCs lessen in frequency.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Are any of you still on MFP? Would love to talk to you all about what meds & therapies you tried.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I was orginally diagnosed with PAC's (atrial version) but later found out I have mitral valve regurgitation resulting in PVC-like symptoms.

My cardiologist put me on beta blockers, which have done wonders for me, though cardio workouts are very difficult still. I get a lot of chest pain when my HR is above 160 for any mroe than about a minute.

My solution is longer lower-impact cardio (walking, biking at a leisurely pace, etc.). I have to go a lot longer for the same calorie burn, but it works very well.
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    My daughter has PVCs and non-sustained ventricular tachycardia. She's never had a symptom. An irregular heart beat was found during a sports physical. She's had bloodwork, a cardiac MRI, countless ECGs, echos, exercise test, event recorders, and holters. She is now on a calcium channel blocker. It's reduced the PCVs from 50% to less than 1%. She wore a holter last week and we see the cardiologist tomorrow for her 6 month check up.