Need time to workout

Options
oliRdzHdz
oliRdzHdz Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2017 in Success Stories
Hello!! i am 31 years old and mom of 4 wonderful kids that i love with all my heart,, busy mom and no time to do any exsercise, i have a 3 months baby girl and breastfeeding take all my time.. start on 210 pounds and now 182 pounds happy but need to lose more..
goal 125

Replies

• Landofkim
    Landofkim Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You are making great progress! Since you are breastfeeding it is important that you continue to eat healthy . You are on the right track and the wait will come off.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Wow! Workouts would be tough with those little ones. I assume at least one or two of them are in school? Take the littler ones for a walk while the older ones are in school? A short workout off Youtube during naptime?

Your diet determines your weight loss. Exercise is for health. So technically you can do it all without any exercise, and there are people on this site that have.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight without exercise however its great to exercise so you can look better and eat a bit more. Don't feel you u have to dedicate a long time frame. A lot of days I have to split my exercise routine. I used to give up if I didn't get at least 20-30 minutes straight but now I do what I can and it all adds up . For short time frames use body weight or dumbells and do some lifting . Walking will probably be easier now that Spring is here . I think you are well on your way to hitting your goal. Don't give up
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Ya, that's a toughie. You can try to fit in some extra steps where you can. Do you have a pet? If so, take an extra long walk. When you go to the store, park far away from the entrance and do a lap or two while you're in there. If you live in a two story home, go up and down the stairs a few extra times a day. That kinda thing. It's super duper hard with young children when you're that busy, so my advice is just to fit some small things in with your every day routines. Also, switch some high calorie foods out for lower calorie counterparts. Turkey bacon instead of pork, Chicken Sausage instead of kielbasa, almond milk, fat free shredded cheeses, halo top ice cream, fat free Greek yogurt (light and fit or oikos), etc.
  • Otto132
    Otto132 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I have five kids, and homeschool, so they are all with me all the time! Diet is the main thing. Count your calories accurately and you will lose weight. But I do exercise, usually 30-40 minutes five days a week is all I can manage. I do barre3 online workouts while they are in "quiet time". I'm not breastfeeding, but if I was, I would work out right after a feeding so that I knew the baby would not interrupt the workout.
  • gettinwade3
    gettinwade3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kids between 4 months and 6 years. One goes to Kindergarten all day, one goes to preschool from noon to 3 and one goes to head start 9 to 1. So I use that hour between taking one and getting another. I nurse before the preschooler goes so the baby is pretty content. Otherwise I wait til she naps and get the older 4 involved in working out after dinner. I've had bronchitis so I can't do much but I take it where I can get it in. I guess my best advice would be to get the older kids involved. I still struggle with diet, I always seem to be hungry. Lol.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I've got 3 kids and my youngest is also 3 months old . i formula feed, and I'm back to work. The only reason I work out with regularity is that my work has an on site gym. Otherwise, I'd only make it like once a week.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Well, you're on the right track if you've already lost that amount. Your life is definitely busy. That being said, when there's a will, there's a way. Making fitness a priority means you will find a way to make it fit into your day. Even if it's a few days a week, you can do it.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kiddos. My youngest is 2 months old and I am breastfeeding around the clock as well. I also work full time. I workout everyday. Sometimes twice a day. I set my alarm for 430am. When it goes off the baby usually wakes and I change his diaper and he goes back to sleep. By this time it is 445am I leave the baby in the room with my husband and everyone in the house is still asleep. I go downstairs and pump until I am empty and by 5am am ready to work out. I workout from 5-6 with an at home workout video. Right now I am doing Turbofire. Then I go in the kitchen pack lunches/prep dinner (if I am doing a crock pot meal) by then it is 615 I go up shower and get dress and then I grab the baby out of bed at 645 and nurse him before I leave for work at 7. My husband doesn't get up until 645 and leaves when I do and my mom gets there at 7 to watch the kiddos while I work. My oldest two are generally still sleeping when I leave. I don't know if all of this helps or not but my point is to say that you make time for what is important to you. You CAN do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!