What scary sounding food do you eat or avoid?

Options
alimac92
alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
Last night I cooked

"pangasius hypophthalmus"

:noway:

The scary sounding name is very off putting, I tested it out on my husband before trying a small portion with home made parsley sauce. (My husband is a great food taster ha ha and never comes to any serious harm)

We recently started eating "Basa" which I believe is the same fish. I wolf that down so it just shows how I can be taken in just by a change of name. :tongue:

What scary sounding food do you eat or avoid?

Replies

• V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Physalis sounds painful... :laugh:
  • alimac92
    Options
    Wow!
    I had to google that just incase you were being rude lol.

That's one fruit I'm in no hurry to try.

:laugh:
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I eat Basa quite a bit too it is yummy.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    If you say this in a deep gravely voice, it is very scarey...

I eat B R O C C O L I !!!!!!!!!!!!! Muahahahaha

See? Scarey stuff, Maynerd! :wink:
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I try my hardest to avoid eating animal hearts. It's.. kinda wrong to me to eat the very organ that once gave something life. I dunno, just the way I see it. /shrug
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    anything that is alive...wont touch it! it all sounds scary
  • PRod31
    PRod31 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Chocolate-covered ants
  • beaches20004
    Options
    Anything that is kinda like animal organs in general or mushrooms yuck
  • alimac92
    Options
    "bump"
    Chocolate-covered ants

Have you been offered them to eat? I've seen lollipos with scorpions inside shown on T.V. Yuk!!!!!!
  • PRod31
    PRod31 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes and then they told me what they were! Never have again! They tasted okay but it was the idea that did agree with me :-)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Mountain oysters. Enough said! :sick: :sick: :sick:
  • drejen
    drejen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just lost my appetite...probably not a bad thing today:)
  • alimac92
    Options
    I thought people would list strange sounding food names, I must have worded the topic wrong lol!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I eat Zapote and avoid grilled grasshoppers, brain tacos, MORONGA :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: (Moronga, rellena, or morcilla is a sausage made of pig's blood. It is found in Cuba, Puerto Rico, Central America and Mexican cuisine. Spices, herbs (such as ruda, oregano, and mint), onions and chile peppers are added and then boiled in the pig's intestines for several hours. It is served in a sauce, either "chile rojo" or "chile verde". Considered a delicacy, it is also served in Mexico as a filling in gorditas after it has been pan-fried with fresh onions and jalapeño peppers.).
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    Scrapple....my mom used to make this stuff for breakfast. She and my brother loved it. I thought it was pretty gross!

http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/sleuth/0998/scrapple.html#axzz1T8QooHXm
  • alimac92
    Options
    "Bump"
    I eat Zapote and avoid grilled grasshoppers, brain tacos, MORONGA :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: (Moronga, rellena, or morcilla is a sausage made of pig's blood. It is found in Cuba, Puerto Rico, Central America and Mexican cuisine. Spices, herbs (such as ruda, oregano, and mint), onions and chile peppers are added and then boiled in the pig's intestines for several hours. It is served in a sauce, either "chile rojo" or "chile verde". Considered a delicacy, it is also served in Mexico as a filling in gorditas after it has been pan-fried with fresh onions and jalapeño peppers.).

Yuk!!! :sick:
    thanx for sharing that, we too have a sausage like that we call it black pudding. I try not to think to much about what's in food normaly lol, That was one heck of a list!
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Well, what's scary sounding? I mean, I'm doing pretty well in my lifelong mission to avoid eating monkey brains, but for the most part I'm not easily frightened. ;)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Escargot. Actually tasty. This is more because of a "situation" I got into the last time I ate some.....let's just say it involved waking up somewhere I wasn't too thrilled about.
  • alimac92
    Options
    Escargot. Actually tasty. This is more because of a "situation" I got into the last time I ate some.....let's just say it involved waking up somewhere I wasn't too thrilled about.

Was it the hospital? if it was I'm sorry I laughed. Was it a bedroom????? :wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options

Was it the hospital? if it was I'm sorry I laughed. Was it a bedroom????? :wink:

54.gif