Weight Distribution

Options
So I have a question. Is it true that certain places you carry more weight in will be the first to go when you exercise? Like if you carry most of your weight in your thighs, will they slim down first. Or is it the opposite? Cause in my middle area if I barely eat anything or anything unhealthy for that matter my stomach will shrink down quickly in a day or two. But the rest is still fat.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    It's a genetic thing. I carry my weight around the waist and that is the last place I lose it.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,131 Member
    Options
    It goes where it goes. From what I have seen where it goes is purely genetic, not where you are fattest. Some people it goes evenly. Others, it is uneven going more from one spot and seemingly not at all from another until that first spot reaches a certain point of loss.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Not true. Likely your belly feels slimmer due to reduced bloating or water weight, but fat will come off where it wishes, not where you wish. For me, it seemed like it was from the top down. But Really, i got proportionally smaller all over.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Genetics will basically determine where you lose the weight and how it comes off. There is no such thing as spot reduction which I'm sure you read on plenty of other threads. It's just a matter of keeping up the work and eventually the weight will come offperiod my only other suggestion is to lift weights it will help as far as muscle tone and definition
  • ashleighs148
    ashleighs148 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I haven't found that too be true. I carry most of my weight on my thighs but it's my tummy that's had the biggest change.
  • Ketolover71
    Ketolover71 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I lose weight in my face..then it all shrinks together. But my thighs have move muscle and start to appear more lean, while my stomach...is still jello! :D