Lost motivation what helps you?

Options
JaklinMinassian
JaklinMinassian Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone my name is Jackie I'm 5'3 22 years old have 2 kids and weigh 140lbs. I started dieting and working out a year ago and lost 60lbs. It's been a few months now and I I've just lost my motivation to keep going.. it's definitely getting harder and harder to get to my goal weight of 120lbs. Has anyone else gone through what I'm going through right now and what has helped you?

Replies

• Daddy78230
    Daddy78230 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    IMO, take a break from restricting your diet, focus on eating healthy and maintaining your current weight, but stay in control. I would keep exercising at least at moderation. Take a week, a few weeks, or a month off, but plan on continuing your progress in the near future when you feel like you're ready.

I lost 60 lbs last year and went through the same thing as you. I decide to take a diet break during the holidays, and planned to restart from basics after the new year. I gained a little weight back but I currently surpassed my my weight loss goals from last year. I have another 20 pounds to go.

I believe it's always better to step off the wagon and step back on, than it is to fall off the wagon.
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking measurements and photos along the way? Looking at your progress can help re-motivate you. The success threads work too...for me at least. What do you find discouraging? Has your weight loss slowed? Are you tired of what you are eating? How do you feel about exercise? I lost my first 20 lbs basically just through diet alone. Now I am trying to add exercise. I try to walk/run on my lunch break. I've gotten a bit sloppy with my eating on the weekends. I bought a new pair of pants in a size I can just barely do up as a goal to motivate me. I also have some dates coming up that I use for mini goals. Having active friends that pop up on your feed is a good motivator too. The folks I follow are very consistent and that encourages me to keep going.
  • crvynatrlbeauty
    crvynatrlbeauty Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like what @Daddy78230 said! Taking a break every now and then, giving my body and mind a rest from being so strict helps me to renew and restart.
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Agree... take a break and do maintenance for a time.
    It's taken me 3 year to lose 90lbs with about 7 more to go. I take a break over the winter months and just do maintenance. It gives my body time to rest and stabilise. Then when I get started again in spring the weight moves off a bit quicker.
    A recent success I've had is changing my macros. Reducing fat and increasing protein. The trade off equalled less calories and I've lost 3kg since the beginning of February which is awesome.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You're not overweight currently at 140, give yourself a break, eat at maintenance for a while and then see if you can refocus to lose those last pounds.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    You are at a normal weight. Work on maintenance. Keep up your exercise and eat healthy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    There's more to life than the scale...