Best Scales?

lexley
lexley Posts: 35
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys! I finally have enough spare cash to invest in a GOOD scale. The dial one I have always tells me I weigh the same..EVERY SINGLE DAY! I know this is NOT the case LOL. So I need some suggestions on good ones. I live near a Target and a Walmart if that helps..oh and a Bed Bath and Beyond. :)

I'd like to keep my purchase between 20-45 bucks if possible.

Thanks!

Replies

• lexley
    Hi guys! I finally have enough spare cash to invest in a GOOD scale. The dial one I have always tells me I weigh the same..EVERY SINGLE DAY! I know this is NOT the case LOL. So I need some suggestions on good ones. I live near a Target and a Walmart if that helps..oh and a Bed Bath and Beyond. :)

I'd like to keep my purchase between 20-45 bucks if possible.

Thanks!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    I have a digital one that weighs in half pound increments that I bought at Wal-Mart for less than 20$. It doesn't have all the frills that tells me body fat percentage or that I've gained or lost a pound and it won't keep track of more than one persons progress.

I like it just fine - it weighs me pretty accurately. I think I obsess enough about half pound increments, don't think I'd want one that weighs in .1 pound increments like some of them do! :tongue:
  • Ga_Gal
    Ga_Gal Posts: 8 Member
    I bought me a new scale a couple of weeks ago. Mine was saying that I weighed about 10lbs less than what the doctors office would say. Really a let down when appt times came. Anyways, I went to wal-mart and got a helthometer scale. The cheapest digital one I could find was either 19 or 29 dollars (i looked at so many that day). The one I ended up with was the model HDM560. It is digital with a big display. It will keep track of two peoples weight, and each time you weigh, it tells you the total gain or loss from the time before. I really like it and for the price I don't think I could have gotten a better deal.

Hope this helps :smile:
  • I like my Weight Watchers. It is exactly with my Dr's. & my gym. It weigh's to the .10, has 4 individual settings, shows you how much you need to loose for 10% of you body weight and gives you your BMI. Cost was around $40.00 purchased it at Bed,Bath & Beyond. If you have any coupon's (which everyone has) you can get a discount on it.
  • lexley
    Thanks for the responses guys! I was looking for a digital one as my dial scale is stupid. lol. I kept stepping on it and thinking "woot I'm doing sooo good" and then find out its about 10lbs off :S not cool! So thank you for the suggestions! :heart:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Thanks for the responses guys! I was looking for a digital one as my dial scale is stupid. lol. I kept stepping on it and thinking "woot I'm doing sooo good" and then find out its about 10lbs off :S not cool! So thank you for the suggestions! :heart:

i do the same on my digital to make sure it's right:laugh:
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    I've got a WeightWatchers scale, it weighs to the nearest .25lb and it matches up with the scale at my Doctors. It also measures your fat%, which can be a help when your weight stayes the same.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    There is no such thing as a good scale...:laugh:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    I have WW scale here.
  • lexley
    Seems like a majority of you guys all have or suggest the Weight Watchers scales..I was leaning towards that one myself but wanted other suggestions. I hate to be cheap on something like that. My dial scale was like 10 bucks and it shows! :tongue:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I have a cheapy. it was 8$ at walmart. I balanced a 10lb weight on it when I first got it to make sure it was accurate. Digital ones suck, I wouldn't get a digital. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.