This is me I've got to get this done

Options
I've always struggled with weight, always been "big boned". But this is the worst I've let myself get. So on January 15th, I weighed 260lbs. I became depressed because of breaking my leg and loosing time from work, I felt My boss wouldn’t / won’t give me another opportunity to go on the ships again. The pounds started adding up. On February 14th I weighed 280lbs. I came out of my cast on the 15th knowing that I had to change something fast, or I would be 300lbs before I knew it. I tried changing my eating habits, I tried walking more. I weighed myself almost every day at that point. On the 21st of March I weighed 265.6lbs. I made myself get serious, I stuck to a way of eating and knew that if I wanted to see real loss than this was it. My son needed me to lose weight and get healthy I needed myself to do it. I decided to stay off of the scale for 3 weeks. Today April 11, 2017 I weighed myself and am currently 254lbs. It is not a major change, it’s not what some would think is a big accomplishment. However to me it is life changing. I know what I need to do to keep the weight off. I need to continue to eat right, I need to do more cardio (I’ve been lazy these past three weeks, doing practically nothing after I get off work) and finally I need to drink more water! In three more weeks I will weigh myself again and let’s see what happens.
Would love to have friends make this journey with me and any advice and support is more than appreciated.

Replies

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? Don't deny yourself the glow of making accomplishments! It IS a major change and it IS a big accomplishment and congratulations! You are well on your way... I hope you are proud of yourself! Keep up the awesome work :smile:
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That is a great job. If you don't think 26 lbs is a lot try carrying around a 20 lb bag of potatoes the next time you are grocery shopping. The good news is that exercise is not the key to weight loss. (I lost my first 20 lbs just with diet) But getting moving helps speed things up not to mention helps with mood and health. What a great example you are setting for your son teaching him that doing things that make you healthy and happy are important. Try adding an after dinner walk with your son or do something fun with him to add cardio into your life. Good luck on your journey!
  • brittnichol
    brittnichol Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is a great job. If you don't think 26 lbs is a lot try carrying around a 20 lb bag of potatoes the next time you are grocery shopping. The good news is that exercise is not the key to weight loss. (I lost my first 20 lbs just with diet) But getting moving helps speed things up not to mention helps with mood and health. What a great example you are setting for your son teaching him that doing things that make you healthy and happy are important. Try adding an after dinner walk with your son or do something fun with him to add cardio into your life. Good luck on your journey!

This is such a good idea. EVERYONE whos lost weight and not feeling or seeing a change should do this. I rememeber when I lost 40 pounds and my grandma said to go to the dog food aisle next time im at walmart. I did and I was amazed. Every pound lost is getting you closer and closer to your goal. And just think of how much pressure is being lifted off your bones and joints. You are doing GREAT keep it up!
  • westleighnandr1469
    westleighnandr1469 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone !
  • westleighnandr1469
    westleighnandr1469 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Thank you ! I have slowly started getting out and running around with my son more. He knows my leg is still healing and will make the game easier for me. Everyday he cheers me on. He is truly my greatest motivation. The other day his dad made him lunch while I was at work and my son told him he didn't want Cheetos they wet junk food and asked for a plate of carrots instead. Moments like that truly remind me that he is watching everything I do! And makes me happy that I can show him a healthier lifestyle. I know I'm currently considered "morbidly obese " so are both of my parents. My mom today said "wow Nina if you've lost that on just changing how you eat it makes me believe I can do it too".
    Hopefully at the end of my journey no only will I have changed my life but inspired my parents to do the same.
    So thank you again for you kind words. This is just the beginning for me.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey, I sent you a request :) We are close to one another.