Logging help please!

Options
I made homemade spring rolls with ground turkey yesterday but I am stumped as to how I log the amount of oil that was absorbed in the frying processes. Any suggestions??

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Measure the oil you used.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you measure the oil you used to fry, you can measure the oil that was left afterwards.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    First of all, you neglected to include the address where these spring rolls could be found....

If you can't back into it by subtracting oil left from oil you started with, I'd guesstimate 1-2 teaspoons per roll, depending on what temperature you fried at. If they seem oily on the outside when you hold them, go with the higher amount.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I wanna know more about these spring rolls...
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    They were delicious!!! I neglected to measure the oil before the frying started as my man was in charge of the hot oil... I asked him afterwards to pour into the pan however much he figured he used initially, and then how much was left after the fact and measured the difference. Pretty close I think - I ended up with a total calorie calculation of 122 calories per roll. I will post a picture when I get it uploaded to my laptop from my phone...
  • Meggers120Now
    Meggers120Now Posts: 74 Member
    Options