This is me , I've got to get it this time

Options
I've always struggled with weight, always been "big boned". But this is the worst I've let myself get. So on January 15th, I weighed 260lbs. I became depressed because of breaking my leg and loosing time from work, I felt My boss wouldn’t / won’t give me another opportunity to go on the ships again. The pounds started adding up. On February 14th I weighed 280lbs. I came out of my cast on the 15th knowing that I had to change something fast, or I would be 300lbs before I knew it. I tried changing my eating habits, I tried walking more. I weighed myself almost every day at that point. On the 21st of March I weighed 265.6lbs. I made myself get serious, I stuck to a way of eating and knew that if I wanted to see real loss than this was it. My son needed me to lose weight and get healthy I needed myself to do it. I decided to stay off of the scale for 3 weeks. Today April 11, 2017 I weighed myself and am currently 254lbs. It is not a major change, it’s not what some would think is a big accomplishment. However to me it is life changing. I know what I need to do to keep the weight off. I need to continue to eat right, I need to do more cardio (I’ve been lazy these past three weeks, doing practically nothing after I get off work) and finally I need to drink more water! In three more weeks I will weigh myself again and let’s see what happens.
Would love to have friends make this journey with me and any advice and support is more than appreciated.

Replies

• BurnThosePretzels
    BurnThosePretzels Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just read your story and I believe you are on the right track. Weighting yourself everyday can be quite stressful, which makes it even harder to drop those pounds. It makes you tense to see that number suck for 1,2,3 days or even go higher! Fact is, our body is weird and can keep more water on certain days and all this variation drove me nuts. I do it every 2 weeks, and would highly recommend keeping it around 2-3 weeks, working everyday for that weight in day :)
    Anyways, hope you are doing good today and keep up on the right track! Everyday is worth getting a little closer to our goals .
  • westleighnandr1469
    westleighnandr1469 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you ! I need my leg to fully heal so that I can do a larger variety of exercises. Right now that's my biggest hold up. So to have just lost the weight on changing my eating habits I am supper motivated to get healthy once an for all.
  • tricia5715
    tricia5715 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I would jump with glee to be at 254. I am a week into this - after an initial weight loss the scale hasn't budged from 265.4 in the past six days. I think it is smart to not weigh yourself every day. I am because I have a dr. appt on April 25 and I want to show her the pattern I am stuck in. I'm interested to hear what she will have to say. Maybe after my appt. I will weigh in once every two or three weeks.
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the process of my "I'm doing it this time", been at it for two months as of today, I'm down 27lbs. Once you educate yourself with what happens to your body when the scale goes up or down has done wonders for me. I can be up 10lbs one day, (which is more than enough to deter and unmotivated most people) but knowing that the next day I weigh myself I will be down 10lbs again due to understanding glycogens, water weight, deficits and such. When you fail to plan, you plan to fail. If you set up everything correctly, weight WILL come off, no matter what the scale fluctuation day to day says.
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm in that same position. I've been up and down the scale so many times. Every time I see success something derails me - injuries, depression, illness... I always let everything else in my life take priority over my health. I've been in denial ever since the scale went over 200 lbs. I've been back to tracking for about 3 weeks now and I'm down 2 lbs.

It's the tiniest baby step, but I feel better than I have in a long time so I need to stay focused and not let the next piece of life drama throw me.