need eating healthy tips

Options
Leila2289
Leila2289 Posts: 23 Member
I really want to try and lose weight, and I have before but I haven't eaten healthy on a regular basis in so long that I really could use some advice. I tend to be pretty busy and I work and attend school. I feel hungry and stressed all the time.

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    If your first goal is to lose weight, simply count your calories using this app. Eat the things you enjoy. You will need to eat less of them.

Instead of thinking about what you can take OUT of your diet, think about what you can ADD. Do you fruits and vegetables regularly? Do you eat enough protein?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The easiest way to start might be to make swaps. Take what you currently tend to eat at meals and find lower calorie alternatives. If you don't eat protein with each meal it's a good idea to consider it because it can be filling. Swap out your typical side dishes for vegetables.

You could also try recipes from sites like www.skinnytaste.com/
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    If your first goal is to lose weight, simply count your calories using this app. Eat the things you enjoy. You will need to eat less of them.

Instead of thinking about what you can take OUT of your diet, think about what you can ADD. Do you fruits and vegetables regularly? Do you eat enough protein?

^^^
    The first step is increased self awareness,
    which will only come from tracking your Calories-in over time.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    For me, the trick is figuring out what will keep me full within my allotted calories and allow my treats. For a long time I was anti high protein...mostly because the keto people irritate me and I LOVE carbs.

I have to confess, I tested positive to a wheat and rye allergy and have seriously cut back on my bread/wheat intake and eat more protein now and I'm less hungry. But I'm not low carbing by any means.

I'd start off just trying to eat in your calorie limit. If you are feeling hungry all the time, start switching out some of the foods that are less nutritionally dense.

I need fat, fiber, and protein to feel full. That's what works for me. I need chocolate and beer to feel happy. If that means I give up the baked potato at dinner and eat double green beans so I can fit 200 calories of chocolate in or a beer, so be it.
  • rsipock
    rsipock Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    if you try to do everything that everyone in this thread will advise you to do, you will get overloaded and fail. So just do one thing. You don't have to be good; you just have to be better. For example, when I started I didn't do anything different other than make water my only drink. After that was no longer a challenge for me, I moved on to something else. Then something else. Nowadays I am pretty much a "food is fuel" kind of guy. I reached this point by taking baby steps.