Weird combinations

elsie4560
elsie4560 Posts: 95 Member
What's the weirdest combo of foods that you have put together? Mines scrambled eggs with spinach it was banging!!!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    That's not random.... add some cheese and it's delicious.

Carrot and peanut butter is random....
  • elsie4560
    @TavistockToad ooo cheese sounds good. Iv had carrot and peanut butter that's yummy lol
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2017
    1) Bacon and Frosted Flakes. Eat a spoon full of FF, followed by a bite of bacon

2) Bacon and Jelly toast. Wrap it up like a burrito.

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    I always add spinach to my omelette and scrambled eggs.. it's one of the super foods and it's so good, try adding a little cheese, cherry tomatoes and bell peppers too... it's super good.

But my weirdest is just too weird so I'm not gonna share it lol

You have to. Those are the rules.
  • elsie4560
    @Gimsteinn1 you have to share!!!! Iv never tried scrambled eggs with spinach that's why it was a weird combo to me but now I no it's a normal thing lol it's not weird anymore. Haha
  • elsie4560
    Marmite,peanut butter and strawberry jam is Delish! Kinda random!
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Almost every morning I have scrambled egg-whites and mashed up banana with cinnamon. Tastes like eggs and banana pancakes :smile:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    I think spinach with eggs is fairly normal?
    Sweet potato casserole baked oatmeal. https://www.budgetbytes.com/2016/11/sweet-potato-casserole-baked-oatmeal/
    Peanut butter sandwich on pumpernickel bread with v-8 vegetable juice on the side.
    I didn't make it but I've tried garlic ice cream and it wasn't too bad.
    I like eggs with mustard.
    Fried egg on a burger is not something people commonly eat where I live but is tasty.
    When I was a kid we had pizza with sliced potato on it sometimes.

• elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    burgers with peanut butter, mustard, and pickles.

best freakin combo in the world.
  • elsie4560
    @Gimsteinn1 haha that's the weirdest combo off foods ever!!!! I'm actually speechless I don't really know what to say about that. Hahaha
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    I do all the cooking. Every Sunday my wife wants me to make her a Tator Tot, Jalapeno, Onion Ring, Green Onion and Parmesan Waffle.

She loves it and anybody I have ever made it for loves it too.
  • Carillon_Campanello
    Carillon_Campanello Posts: 726 Member
    elsie4560 wrote: »
    What's the weirdest combo of foods that you have put together? Mines scrambled eggs with spinach it was banging!!!

I like ricotta cheese and hot banana peppers on my pizza. Sounds gross but it is fantastic.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    I like mixing mayo and ketchup to eat with my fries.

I also like adding ketchup to chicken noodle soup... only homemade soup though.

And I like eating elbow macaroni with tomato soup.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »

That's not weird, it's called cocktailsauce or Kokteilsósa (I even think the Belgians have another name to the same sauce) .. it's a thing some places in Europe.

kokteilsosa.jpg

You'll be surprised the weird looks I get, and people who say it's weird. It's probably weird to Americans. LOL
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    @Gimsteinn1 you have to share!!!! Iv never tried scrambled eggs with spinach that's why it was a weird combo to me but now I no it's a normal thing lol it's not weird anymore. Haha

Yeah...scrambled eggs and spinach or in omelette form is pretty common I think...I see it often at restaurants as well.

I don't think I have any, but my dad liked peanut butter and sardine sandwiches...I've never had one.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    My favourite is peanut butter, dill pickles and hot sauce on toast. I've eaten it since I was a kid.
    I've heard other people like peanut butter and pickles, but add in some hot sauce, it's even better
    I can't get anyone to try it, lol
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks

Haha you asked for it.... Sheep eyeballs and tongue with mashed potatoes. It's called Svið, it's a thing. I promise lol

That's just gross
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    edited April 2017

Haha you asked for it.... Sheep eyeballs and tongue with mashed potatoes. It's called Svið, it's a thing. I promise lol

That's just gross

No it's not.. now fermented shark, that's gross. Svið is actually very tasty.

You have like a half of the sheeps head on your dish..

Cut of the cheek to give your kids cause that's the best meat, the rest can be a bit chewy. Then you pull apart the jaws..

Next step, rip out the tongue and eat it.

[

Why you do dat?
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member

That's not weird, it's called cocktailsauce or Kokteilsósa (I even think the Belgians have another name to the same sauce) .. it's a thing some places in Europe.

kokteilsosa.jpg

You'll be surprised the weird looks I get, and people who say it's weird. It's probably weird to Americans. LOL

It's called Fry Sauce. Sonic is famous for theirs.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    I started eating peanut butter and cheese sandwiches as a kid and still have them from time to time.

Personally I will combine cheese with just about anything.