Options
dawnrenee567
dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
Recipes please?

Replies

• Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I just eat them fresh and raw, and very slowly one at the time. I love them for desert!
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if they lasted long enough in my house to make something
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just eat them fresh and raw, and very slowly one at the time. I love them for desert!

Me too!!

Maybe cut up & added to some greek yogurt...
  • mommyfirst77
    mommyfirst77 Posts: 119
    Options
    Go to skinnytaste.com..... I am not sure what if any recipes she will have, but her site is awesome :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Open mouth, insert cherry, spit out pit. Repeat.

That's about the only thing I do with them. :wink:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I put them on my cereal and last weekend I made silver dollar pancakes and put a cherry in each pancake instead of syrup.
  • rubyredlips
    Options
    Open mouth, insert cherry, spit out pit. Repeat.

That's about the only thing I do with them. :wink:

hahahahah just finished mine have to buy some more tomorrow :smile:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Make a sauce with balsamic vinegar, cherries and chicken broth - reduce until it's caramelized. It tastes great over pork or chicken. I use this recipe as a starting point for my cherry sauce: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/pan-roasted-squab-cherry-balsamic-sauce-fried-sweet-potato-beet-nests-haricots-verts-recipe/index.html

I also LOVE fresh cherries in old-fashioned oats with toasted pecans and vanilla.
  • icandothistrish85
    Options
    Simple Cherry Cobbler:

2 cups pitted and halfed cherries
    1/4 cup of brandy or ameretto or Orange Juice to stay alcohol free
    2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar

Render together in a sauce pan until cherries break down and a sauce thickens. Pour into an 8x8 or 9x9 cassorole baking dish.
    Top with 1 cup of granola and 1/4 stick of butter cubed, spread evenly. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Serve with Fat Free Cool Whip or FF NSA Vanilla Ice Cream
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    Recipes please?

No recipe but I gotta say cherries are the best fruit ever. Have you ever tried rainier cherries? I'm telling you, they're better than candy.
  • dawnrenee567
    Options
    Oh I do eat them plain, but I have a giant bag of them (co-op this week and it's Michigan Cherry season).
    I think I'll freeze some too, and try some low-fat muffins with those and the 5 lbs of blueberries.
  • thebuxompilgrim
    thebuxompilgrim Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just came across a cherry recipe that looks DELICIOUS:

http://www.carriedonthewind.com/2011/07/cherries-and-something-yummy.html
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Recipes please?

No recipe but I gotta say cherries are the best fruit ever. Have you ever tried rainier cherries? I'm telling you, they're better than candy.

Are those the really big dark ones? Or am I just way off here. I love the huge dark cherries the best, whatever they are called. hah
  • jeepwidow01
    jeepwidow01 Posts: 173
    Options
    I froze 3# earlier this month. Haven't tried them yet though! Figured I would keep them until this fall/winter when we couldn't get the Michigan cherries!
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Tiny bit of butter and a little bit of sugar with diced cherries. Wrap it up tightly in a burrito shell, spray with nonstick cooking spray and bake at 350° F for about 10 min or until golden brown. Pull out and roll in cinnamon and splenda or stevia.
  • grmacgirl
    grmacgirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Frozen, pitted cherries are really good in homemade fruit smoothies. The Man and I like to make the Alton Brown version (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/buff-smoothie-recipe/index.html) but we usually use regular 1/2% milk and we swap out the types of fruit that we use depending on what we have. It's nice because you can prep it before you go to bed and it literally only takes 3 minutes to make in the morning. Delish!!
  • dawnrenee567
    Options
    Thanks ladies.. is there an easy way to pit them without buying a special tool? (can you tell I usually just eat them and spit the pit?) ;-)