StrongLifts (looking for lifting pals)

Options
Hey guys,

I'm starting a beginners lifting program in the next week or so. I've never really worked with a barbell before and I'm excited to get started.

Just looking for people who are into lifting because I'm probably going to want to talk about it

Replies

• bbethanyd1
    bbethanyd1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Same! I just started Jamie Eason's LiveFit training program on bodybuilding.com just a few weeks ago. It's completely turning my life around lol. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • sainteggo
    sainteggo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i have started again after a long time away from it and many bad pounds gained. the more muscle you have the better fat burner you are so lifting is a great way to keep in shape.
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I just started Strong Lifts 5X5 last night, today I feel awesome (ly sore). Feel free to add me!
  • Lukas_DAV
    Lukas_DAV Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey @figureitout87
    I started training with a coach and full training- and diet plan at january - today I lifted first time in my life more than 100kg and enjoy weightlifting. Feel free to add and ask something if you want!
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I started last spring with about 9 weeks. Now I'm back again and on week 6 or so. Love it. Feel free to add me!
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    There's a group for ladies:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

I'm sure there's a group for men (/both) too.
  • figureitout87
    figureitout87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - I'll start following the group
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm starting a beginners lifting program in the next week or so. I've never really worked with a barbell before and I'm excited to get started.

Just looking for people who are into lifting because I'm probably going to want to talk about it

You, or any of the others on this thread are welcome to friend me. I am not as dedicated to lifting as I should be, but I love it, and I enjoy like minded lighting ladies!
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I lift
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing my first year on SL5x5, I think you'll like it. Watch the videos over and over to make sure your form is right. Start off light until you are comfortable with the moves. Know that you WILL get pinned under the bar doing BP and you WILL get callouses under your rings from doing deadlifts. It's all part of the ritual. Get some tiny fractional plates from Amazon to keep your progress up. The overhead press was my least favorite until I realized my shoulders were getting large enough to keep my bikini straps from falling off. Fun stuff!
  • denato1
    denato1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm doing strong lifts with my wifw, just 2 weeks in. We are coming from a full body workout I had got off bodybuilding.com and strong lifts seems like we are doing 0 work right now. Hopefully that feeling changes and we start making strength gains. Add if you want to talk
  • figureitout87
    figureitout87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I'm just finishing my first year on SL5x5, I think you'll like it. Watch the videos over and over to make sure your form is right. Start off light until you are comfortable with the moves. Know that you WILL get pinned under the bar doing BP and you WILL get callouses under your rings from doing deadlifts. It's all part of the ritual. Get some tiny fractional plates from Amazon to keep your progress up. The overhead press was my least favorite until I realized my shoulders were getting large enough to keep my bikini straps from falling off. Fun stuff!

Haha, I love this!