Does anyone else feel like they have a cranky toddler living inside them?

Options
2»

Replies

• cforsyth617
    cforsyth617 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    ["AngryViking1970;39307688"]My food is MY FOOD. Don't snack on my cheese sticks/Greek yogurt/pork rinds/cottage cheese, etc. I buy you vultures plenty of crap snacks. Lay offa my stuff. :*) I agree my son is 17 6 ft 3 inches and 150 pounds, and he's a long distance runner and can eat anything he wants but always goes for my coke Zero to drink at night while studying. My toddler is a monster in the morning without caffeine.

• fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This morning Spanky got her knickers in a knot because I forgot to defrost a homemade breakfast bar and had to have toast instead. SHUTUP SPANKY!

(My husband deliberately did not ask who I was talking to when I didn't use my inside voice.)

And yeah, all you posters talking about people taking food off your plate after you've weighed and measured! I've been there. Spanky SMASH!!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    LOL @ Spanky. :D
  • thistimereally
    thistimereally Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ugh I hope losing the rest of this weight makes me happy in the long term because it sure is a *kitten* in the short term!

Went to Target this morning with the express purpose of getting a "motivation" swimsuit. I figured I'd buy one just a little too small - I'm taking a cruise later this year and wanted a visual reminder of what I'm doing and why. I COULD. NOT. STAND. to look at myself in the swimsuits. I tried a variety of styles and even ones that actually fit. Its so gross! I wish I didn't think that way but I do! I left empty-handed.

So tonight I'm going to a movie and to get drinks after with friends I haven't seen in awhile! Happy occasion, yes? NOPE! I'm almost dreading it because I almost always lose control when I drink and eat a ton. So Melinda - what I've named my inner toddler for absolutely no reason - both wants to go YAY BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and wants to make an excuse to stay home! I WILL BE GOING! AND I WILL BE STICKING TO MY PLAN DANGIT! *sticks tongue out at Melinda*
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Ugh I hope losing the rest of this weight makes me happy in the long term because it sure is a *kitten* in the short term!

Went to Target this morning with the express purpose of getting a "motivation" swimsuit. I figured I'd buy one just a little too small - I'm taking a cruise later this year and wanted a visual reminder of what I'm doing and why. I COULD. NOT. STAND. to look at myself in the swimsuits. I tried a variety of styles and even ones that actually fit. Its so gross! I wish I didn't think that way but I do! I left empty-handed.

So tonight I'm going to a movie and to get drinks after with friends I haven't seen in awhile! Happy occasion, yes? NOPE! I'm almost dreading it because I almost always lose control when I drink and eat a ton. So Melinda - what I've named my inner toddler for absolutely no reason - both wants to go YAY BEAUTY AND THE BEAST and wants to make an excuse to stay home! I WILL BE GOING! AND I WILL BE STICKING TO MY PLAN DANGIT! *sticks tongue out at Melinda*

(I have no idea what size or shape you are so just throwing this out there) Have you looked at vintage-style swimsuits? They are very popular right now and flatter a variety of figures! Both one-piece and two-piece.

Enjoy your night out!
  • thistimereally
    Options
    Thanks! Target did have a nice variety of vintage and that'll probably be what I end up going with. I guess I was hoping to not still hate my body so much as I have lost about 40 pounds in the past year but there's no denying I'm still fat when I'm in a swimsuit!

Ah well, while looking better is part of the reason I'm doing this it is not the primary reason: I'm in better shape - and most likely better health - than I was a year ago and getting better everyday. Ultimately I keep reminding myself I have nothing but time!
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @amymoreorless Guess your husband knows that your toddler needed a snack and a timeout!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    One day last summer, I cried because I wanted a milkshake. It was Friday and my husband was taking the kids to Wendy's for frostys. I didn't WANT a frosty. I WANTED a real milkshake. But I didn't have the calories for that, either, and I wasn't willing to "waste" them on a milkshake on a Friday, since I wanted to blow some surplus calories later that weekend. So really - there was nothing to be done.

So I cried. I think there may have been some hormones at work, too.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I'm so hangry I'm half way choking back tears. So tired. So hungry. Last leg of the race. It has been a long, difficult year. The inner toddler is having a melt down and all I can do is be an adult about it.
  • thistimereally
    Options
    I'm SO GLAD I'm not the only one who has flat out cried over being hungry/having a craving. Good grief, dieting + hormones is almost too much for a person to deal with!
  • thistimereally
    Options
    Lol only one bite I would have murdered him! :p Today Melinda is mad that the scale is up 3 pounds from yesterday. Um we pigged out on popcorn, pizza, and alcohol! Give the salt time to settle!
  • Beezyweez
    Beezyweez Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Today's tantrum was about not wanting to go to the shop and wanting my boyfriend to stay with me instead of going to work so we could spend all day doing nothing lol. I've gotten so much more needy and spoilt since dieting it's ridiculous.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, and acknowledging this fact has helped me a ton. Does a toddler like to hear no? Nuh uh! But does the toddler still have to deal with the limitations imposed?? You bet! So I just talk to that inner tantrum thrower and tell her to stfu.