I've a long way to go, but I am here...

Options
Hello! I am a single, 37 year old woman in Texas. I have about 120 pounds I need to lose, and am just starting out. I waver between scared to death and confident at the moment!

I would love some new friends here at MFP as I begin my long journey. I'm just getting set up here with all the tools available, but looking forward to learning more about others here and having some support along the way.

Replies

• hotpot83
    hotpot83 Posts: 88
    Options
    hey hun, your not on your own... I had 170lbs to lose 4 weeks ago and Im already down 16lbs :) Feel free to add me, Ill help you anyway I can, everyone is so helpful and supportive here-Youre really in the right place! Welcome xx
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hello Avid Reader :smile:

You've picked the right place to get support & motivation. The people here are really friendly. Just add friends, keep logging and you're away!!

Good Luck

Di :smile:
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too was scared, but everyone on here is so helpful and supportive. Feel free to send me a friend request, I'd love to help support you along the way. I still have another 50 (+) to lose, so we can do this together!

Kris
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    Welcome! This site is amazing and the people are great. You'll love it. Feel free to add me if you'd like. =)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It's never too late. I saw something the other day that said: "A year from now, you'll be glad you started today." Or something like that.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Welcome!

You'll find MFP gives you the tools you need - including a great support system by your fellow MFPers!

You can do this!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. This is a great place for information and support. People to cheer you on during your good days, to lean on on your bad days and to kick your butt when you need it.

and you're most definitely not alone having a lot to lose. there are a lot that do, and plenty of success stories to show you that it can be done.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    lol. scared to death and confident seem about right. we're in the same boat. I started at 300 and I love myfitnesspal, almost too much!
  • frankmmafreak
    frankmmafreak Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We've all got what seems like a long way to go. Log in here everyday, eat well, be active, and when you turn around and you've accomplished your goals, it won't matter how long it took. There will surely be stumbles (we've all had them), just mark it up to experience and move on. Logging in here will help with that too. Don't be afraid to admit if you have a bad day. People here have had bad days and got back on the horse, they will help you. I'm part of a forum right now of people who want to lose 15 pounds by September. We're gonna have weekly "check-ins" to help keep an eye on each other. Add me as a friend and you can jump in on the forum or find any of the other forums. My exercise and food logs are available to my friends, as are many other people's, that can help if you don't know where to start with food and exercise choices. This is a good place to be, just keep logging in and keep your eyes set firmly on your goals.
  • charkendrick
    charkendrick Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm close to your age and also single. We single ladies have to stick together! Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • shawnalaufer
    Options
    Some say motivation doesn't last...well neither does bathing, that's why its recommended daily.
    Good luck in your weight loss journey! Here's hoping that MFP is the perfect little spot of motivation for you!