Healthy imitation crab recipes? ?

Options
Myzzlone
Myzzlone Posts: 34 Member
I ordered a sashimi combo for dinner yesterday and it came with Atleast a cup and a half of imitation crab... I don't really enjoy eating it by itself and I need some help figuring out what to do with it. I've thought about maybe a healthy crab dip but that's all I have!
Thanks a Million
XxJuli

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    How about a crab louie salad? You could make a lower calorie version of the dressing.
  • Myzzlone
    Myzzlone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thankyou! ! :)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I know some people do enjoy the fake crabmeat, but make sure to educate yourself on what's in it. I used to think it was fine to eat sushi made with the fake crab until I discovered it contains both wheat gluten and soy (foods I am sensitive to), as well as a lot of chemicals.

http://www.fooducate.com/app#!page=post&id=57A33F1D-2DF6-09A4-43FD-8F5C307B434A
  • spoonpuppet
    spoonpuppet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like to use crab sticks in noodle salads, as a hot noodle soup topping, stir fried with egg and/or veggies, in fried rice, and even in spring/egg rolls (which you can bake in the oven to skip deep-frying).
  • lclarkewalker
    lclarkewalker Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for fake crab meat that I think is pretty good however, it feeds a herd!

1 large bag of imitation crab meat
    1 cup light mayo or salad dressing
    1/2 cup ranch dressing (lowfat, premade)
    1 package hidden valley dry ranch seasoning
    1 large or 2 small green zuccini
    1/2 red onion, chopped
    1 small can sliced black olives
    1 cup shredded carrots (chop more if need be)
    salt to taste
    1/2 pound dry bow tie noodles
    1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Shred the crab meat.

In a small bowl, mix the mayo, premade ranch dressing, dry dressing and black olives until well blended.

In large bowl toss the vegetables and crab meat.

Cover with the dressing and toss. Mix in the cheese.

Then add cooked and cooled pasta.

Chill overnight and serve. Approximately 12 servings.