Cold w/cough. Should I workout?

Options
So, I know about the whole above the neck work out/below the neck don't thing. My question is I have a bit of a cough. While it feels chesty at times, I have also developed a cough in the past from drainage. I want to work out but I don't want to make myself worse. Help!! What should I do?

Replies

• trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i would say no...but if you have the energy and really want... try a small short walk, i would suggest no serious cardio
  • Scott_Parkinson
    Scott_Parkinson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would keep it very light. A 15 minute walk or something similar. Pushing yourself too hard might make you feel worse and set you back some.
  • Scott_Parkinson
    Scott_Parkinson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would keep it very light. A 15 minute walk or something similar. Pushing yourself too hard might make you feel worse and set you back some.
  • EmilyQC
    EmilyQC Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've heard working out can actually help your cold to go away... just to over do it
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I think 20 minutes of low intensity something or other - like a walk, as the other poster said, might actually go a ways toward making you feel better. AND ... drink lots and lots of water today.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'd say keep it low intensity and don't work out if there's any fever or if you're bringing up thick, discolored mucous..

Kris
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Nope don't work out. When you're ill, your body needs rest and is using all the calories to fight the infection anyway. Occasionally, if you work out whilst ill the infection can travel to your heart causing a condition called endocarditis. It happens rarely, but it can happen. Best wait till you're feeling better :flowerforyou:

Get well soon.
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Working out will make you feel better!!!Just don't push it to hard, working out releases endorphins that make you happy and feel good.
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to take some dayquil and see how i feel :)