Night shift Dieting

Options
Was just wanting some tips on dieting for a 3rd shift worker.

Replies

• MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Dieting in terms of what, when to log your food? That seems to be a common question among 3rd shift workers. Another is "What food to eat to stay awake?" Lol.

Otherwise, eat what you normally would to be in your caloric limit.
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I work permanent nightshift.
    I stick to a calorie/ macro day. I am fairly flexible.
    I sleep during the day first thing and wake in the afternoon to have my first meal of the day. Usually a breakfast style meal, but it doesn't have to be. I divide my macros (at the moment) into four meals but I often move it around to suit me.
    I seldom eat much at work, mainly because I tend to get heartburn during the night, but that's just me. I often have something last thing in the morning around 0600hrs, but this isn't a full meal just something with a cuppa. I often swim before going to bed (because the pool is closer to my work than my home).I stick to midnight being the new day mainly because it works here on mfp.
    Its best to work on what works for you. Be flexible.
  • Myzzlone
    Myzzlone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm on the other end of things, living a night shift schedule where I go to bed around 2pm anf wake up at 10. When I was working and "dieting" I used to wake up and drink tea or black coffee as my first meal and pack a protein bar for around 12. I didn't really have time to eat when I was at work so I'd have my lunch when I got home at 4, then dinner would usually be around 10 am. Now that I'm not working I eat when my fiancé is off to work at 11, do an hour of working out at 12, have a snack at 1, a lunch at 3-4 and a snack when he comes home before dinner usually between 10 and 12. I usually try to keep carbs and fruit in the evening when I first wake up but other then that I'm pretty free with when I eat things. Hope this helped! XxJuli