Hi...I'm a Newcomer and excited

Options
Hey everyone,

I just joined 3 days ago, looking forward to lose about 40-45 lbs.... I just recently had a baby boy 3 weeks ago so now I'm ready to lose wats left of my pregnancy weight plus more!!

During pregnancy I only gained about 17 lbs but I was already overweight at 183.... Now 190 I want to lose to get down to 145-150. I was in the process of losing weight before I got pregnant, I was at my highest at 210 8 ( .

I hope this helps me because I am a sweets addict n those calories add up fast .... N I need the support n motivation... Trying to drop these pounds down... Especially when I have a boyfriend that's all about fitness and is pressuring.

I would be more than happy to buddy up with other members

Replies

• mweight123
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! This site is great for motivation and support :) I am also trying to lose around 50 lbs. Feel free to add me and we can loose it together!
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • speckwood
    speckwood Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can do it just set your goals and stay focused!!!!
    Welcome, Becky:smile:
  • rickbrown12
    Options
    Hi, I started this program 8 days ago and find that it works fantastic. I just log in everything that I eat or drink along with my exercise and it keeps track of my progress. I have lost 6.4 pounds the first week!!! Really helps that I know at night how many calories I have left for supper and I adjust my workout in the gym to burn off excess calories. Stick with this program, it really works!!!! Best of luck
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    There are loads of friends here to help & motivate you so add plenty. You've made a great start, keep logging everything and there's no reason you shouldn't have a treat sometimes!!

Good Luck

Di :smile:
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome! take it easy to begin with especially if you just had a baby 3 weeks ago- you have to be safe to exercise. stick with mfp and log everything you eat and get some exercise in and it will work!
  • kellywaller1
    kellywaller1 Posts: 101
    Options
    welcome and good luck!!!!
  • msjuicyc1985
    msjuicyc1985 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the welcomes... The past 3 days I've been doing good and keeping up with my calorie counting and it so helpful... I will be sending you guys requests! I'm just still a little slow getting around the site I'm trying to learn everything
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    hello! This is a brilliant site! I've only been a member for 1 week and I'm addicted to logging on already! Almost as bad as facebook lol! Everyone I've come into contact with on here has been so supportive and helpful, and there are some amazing success storys in the topics section . .really motivating!

Best of luck . .feel free to add me (I have just over 100lbs to lose!!) :)
  • DavisKaren
    DavisKaren Posts: 13
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to myfitnesspal, you joined an awesome website because all you have to do is track all your foods and get some exercise in everyday (or a least 3-5 days) however, take it easy as your body is still healing from giving birth. I would suggest walking to start and if the weather is nice where you live, take a strool with your new bundle of joy:love: and you will find out by getting amazing results. Since I joined I have lost 32 lbs and still have 18 lbs to go so how's that for encourgement!

Best of luck on your journey, trust me it works!

Karen
  • DavisKaren
    DavisKaren Posts: 13
    Options
    :heart: If you need help add me as a friend. Enjoy your new journey of motherhood!
  • msjuicyc1985
    msjuicyc1985 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh my I do see myself getting addicted lol... I think I am already!!! But I am tKing it easy with just trying to walk but it's been in to 100's here in NJ , so I haven't been able to go out
  • middleofseven
    Options
    I would love to add you to my friends, Motivation is great here.
  • Nswilk
    Nswilk Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi, I just joined last week and am down 5 pounds. Just wanna make some friends to keep me accountable and motivated.
  • syellen09
    syellen09 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey there and welcome! I am pretty new here too and I already love it! The motivation from others is amazing and incredibly helpful. We have similar goals too so feel free to add me and we can work together!!
  • wrgawife
    wrgawife Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Welcome I am kind of new too. But since ihave logging what i eat and have been exercising y I have lost 4.5 lbs sine July 11 when i actually been logging my food and tracking my exercise. I too have same goal in mind. .. U will get there.
  • braunle
    braunle Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello Newcomer I joined a couple of weeks ago and this site is super great!
    I am in the same boat as you.
    I had a new baby in Feburary and was already 190 had the baby and now well was 205 :) I already lost 2lbs woohoo!!!
    I love it here.
    Its nice to actually lose weight the right way with watching intake and exercising and always having someone there to cheer you on!
    Add me if you like and we can motivate each other!
  • shawnalaufer
    Options
    Some say motivation doesn't last...well neither does bathing, that's why its recommended daily.
    Good luck in your weight loss journey! Here's hoping that MFP is the perfect little spot of motivation for you!