BloAting how to get rid of it

Options
Hello everyone I'm in the start of my journey of bodybuilding. I'm focusing now on losing weight. My coach says I need to lose 20/30% body fat. Has anyone ever experienced bloAting if so how did you deal with that. I'm a person that would eat one meal a day to now eating three soon as I dive deeper in will be having six. I'm thinking it's the fiber I'm taking in. Even though it's not a lot of it. Whenever I eat oatmeal it happens. But I could be totally wrong.

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Is this fullness, or bloating to the point of believing you have a medical condition, if so consult a doctor.

In the meantime don't eat the foods that bloat you?

What does your coach say?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Is this fullness, or bloating to the point of believing you have a medical condition, if so consult a doctor.

In the meantime don't eat the foods that bloat you?

What does your coach say?

I was leaning towards fullness too, especially considering the OP is not used to eating more than one meal a day.
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    When I bloat, I can gain 7-12lbs of water weight overnight, clothes are tight, jewelry doesn't fit, the bottoms of my feet feel like I'm walking on ketchup packets- it's awful! Drinking a LOT of water and stretching in the morning seems to help. It usually lasts about 4 days at a time, but if I need it gone asap I will take diurex, that helps immensely.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to eat more frequently? Changing your meal timings could be a cause if it's the only change you've made.
  • doughd2
    doughd2 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just personal experience here, but I've cut out oatmeal entirely because it caused such severe bloating for me. The discomfort it caused wasn't worth eating it anymore.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Why do you need to eat more frequently? Changing your meal timings could be a cause if it's the only change you've made.

I suspect its from her ability to hit adequate calories with just one meal a day, especially if you are trying to hit certain nutritional goals.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

I suspect its from her ability to hit adequate calories with just one meal a day, especially if you are trying to hit certain nutritional goals.

I suspected the same, however wondered whether her "coach" was using the old "keep the metabolism firing" reasoning.
  • tonyachavez69
    tonyachavez69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Read the book- Fiber Menance, because it saved my life!!! I was always bloated I reduce my fiber intake. I don't eat a lot of beans, oatmeal for any wheat products. Plus cut your sugar intake and carb from the junk food. I don't any carb from bread or noodles. I just get my carbs from fruits and vegetables
  • tonyachavez69
    tonyachavez69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I lift weights 3 days a week & do cardio 3 days a week- & just make sure you drink a protein shake
  • LonsyBoy
    LonsyBoy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    People bloat eating different foods, high salt intake (water retention) or just bad bacteria in the guts (proteins)
  • dses1
    dses1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking lots of water to flush out the fiber. Also make sure you are eating as many grams of protein as your weigh. It may take a little while for your body to get used to the fiber but you should be getting 28 g fiber per day. Drink only water to quench your thirst. Should be about 6-8 16.9 fl oz water bottles per day