Biggest Loser - Me versus my Husband

Options
Have any of you tried a challenge like this?

My husband and I are going on a spring break trip to Florida at the end of March. We decided to do a biggest loser competition - whoever loses the highest perentage of their body weight wins $100 from the other person. Now THAT is motivation.

But...I am a bit worried that our competition will work against us rather than for us. Have any of you tried something like this with your significant others? How did it work out?

Shabby

Replies

• shabby4
    Options
    Have any of you tried a challenge like this?

My husband and I are going on a spring break trip to Florida at the end of March. We decided to do a biggest loser competition - whoever loses the highest perentage of their body weight wins $100 from the other person. Now THAT is motivation.

But...I am a bit worried that our competition will work against us rather than for us. Have any of you tried something like this with your significant others? How did it work out?

Shabby
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I had a friend here do it. They went by percent of weight lost and I think everything went really well. She said they lost a lot of weight. My husband and I did before biggest loser was on, but all we got to pick was a date night, so the motivation wasn't there.

Good luck!
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Wow, I wish I'd thought of that 4 months ago when I started MFP. I've lost close to 20 percent of my bodyweight and my husband has put on a "few". Darn it:explode:
  • peacefulwarrior
    Options
    I will train you if we split the winnings....lmao. Really that is a great idea to stay motivated, and I wish you both the best of luck.
  • shabby4
    Options
    Thanks for the comments all! It sounds like this just might work.

I have already found myself turning down goodies that I would otherwise eat. My jerky husband in the meantime got the flu and instantly lost 5 pounds. Let's hope our new treadmill helps us both!

Here's to winning $100 in 6 weeks. :wink: