Lunch

Options
What does everyone eat for lunch to stay slim?! If you eat out what do you get? Prefer vegetarian options , if not most things I can make vegetarian.thanks!

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I eat high volume salads and/or soup with a diet coke. No dressing. I use hot sauce. I'm talking a whole cucumber, whole pepper, whole tomato, a box of lettuce, jalapenos, some lean meat.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Something that fits in to my calories for the day.... I pre plan, so I know I have sufficient food at each meal to help me feel satisfied
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Today I had salmon, roasted potatoes, squash, and a cornbread muffin.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Spicy black bean burger on a brioche bun was pretty delicious.
  • milespriscella1
    milespriscella1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My main meal of the day is lunch portion controlled about 500 calories. That gives me time to burn calories during day and work out after workLightest meal is dinner less calories not more than 300 calories.
  • TimothyFish
    Options
    My main meal of the day is lunch portion controlled about 500 calories. That gives me time to burn calories during day and work out after workLightest meal is dinner less calories not more than 300 calories.

You are using the word "dinner" incorrectly. Dinner is the main meal of the day. Lunch can be dinner or supper can be dinner, but it is incorrect to say that your lightest meal is dinner.
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I would meal prep a couple of options or use leftovers from dinner (my go to).
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Egg salad with LOTS of celery, some black olives, green onions, and dressed with a mixture of Veganaise and plain greek yogurt. I buy the hard boiled eggs already cooked and peeled.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options

You are using the word "dinner" incorrectly. Dinner is the main meal of the day. Lunch can be dinner or supper can be dinner, but it is incorrect to say that your lightest meal is dinner.

I'm curious how you learned this.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

Very interesting. I grew up thinking Breakfast, Dinner, Supper, although during school time we had a light Lunch in the middle of the day, and a heavier cooked meal when we got home. I still have my Dinner in the middle of the day, but all around me I see it evolving to Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. There is a school of thought that a heavy meal at the end of the day is not so good for your health, but ............
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot in other time that I only eat light for lunch. Not the Sun rays but foods like a cup of oatmeal granola or a simple sandwich or a couple boiled eggs + various nuts. These items are easy to pack or store and don't really induce overeating for me.

I reserve the eat out time for serious eating, which are Friday to Sunday. I just order whatever looks good on the menu.
  • TimothyFish
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Very interesting. I grew up thinking Breakfast, Dinner, Supper, although during school time we had a light Lunch in the middle of the day, and a heavier cooked meal when we got home. I still have my Dinner in the middle of the day, but all around me I see it evolving to Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. There is a school of thought that a heavy meal at the end of the day is not so good for your health, but ............

It seems like Breakfast/Dinner/Supper is prevalent among country folk while Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner is more common among city people. I kinda wonder if it might have something to do with farmer vs. office worker. After spending all morning doing physical labor, the farmer is ready to take a long break at noon, and since he works for himself he can do that. But in the evening he is going to work until the work is done, so something that takes less time to prepare is ideal. The officer worker, on the other hand, has a limited time for lunch and has a pretty good idea when he will get home. He might be having lunch at his desk because that is easier than walking to a café, so his dinner ends up being supper.
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Most days, I have some combination of Kirkland Signature Protein Bar, Cliff Bar, Kind, etc... Two of those get me into the neighborhood of 400-500 calories. Bonus: lunch takes me about 5 minutes from start to finish.
  • Iseulte
    Iseulte Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't get much time for lunch, and am a creature of habit, so during the week it's always a hardboiled egg, a baby bell cheese, and an apple. If I have the hungries I'll add some cucumber and hummus to my lunchbox that day. My largest meal is the evening meal because it's our family time.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Luna bar, Yoplait light, snack bag of chips, piece of fruit. Easy to throw in my bag as I rush out the door in the morning. :p